The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Damn it this is hard work.

The struggle I have is picking a film that's going to do well vs a personal favourite.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Damn it this is hard work.

The struggle I have is picking a film that's going to do well vs a personal favourite.
I know everyone likes that his favorite films end up on the list but this list should be a no-brainer.

If everyone picks their favourite 25, without any strategical thought, the final list should be a more faithful expression of the Forum's taste.

But that's just my opinion.

... but this list should be a no-brainer.

If everyone picks their favourite 25, without any strategical thought, the final list should be a more faithful expression of the Forum's taste.
Quoted for truth.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Toughest list ever. Even though it shouldn't be.

This will also be the hardest list of any to predict. I shall try to predict them and hopefully hit on 40ish percent.

I kinda feel like the word "taste" invites all the same distinctions as "favorite vs. best." It's the same problem no matter what word you use: it's not really a debate about whether people should feel pressured to pick films other people like instead of ones they like (basically nobody is saying that, AFAIK), it's a debate about what it means to "like" a film in the first place. Both "I admire this film for its contribution to the medium" and "I just loved this growing up so it has a special place in my heart" are legitimate reasons to "like" a film.

I've finally submitted my list. Very hard to finalize the order. I'm happy with my 1-5 but I honestly feel like 6-25 could have been in any order. There's just too many great films that I love, it was almost impossible to rank them objectively. In the end I just picked them almost at random from a list of about 50 of my favourite high quality films. A dissatisfying list is better than no list I guess...

I've finally submitted my list. Very hard to finalize the order. I'm happy with my 1-5 but I honestly feel like 6-25 could have been in any order. There's just too many great films that I love, it was almost impossible to rank them objectively. In the end I just picked them almost at random from a list of about 50 of my favourite high quality films. A dissatisfying list is better than no list I guess...
I feel ya pain...I had a list of 70 some really great and favorite movies. But to cut it down to only 25 was hard, I mean really hard! I got it down to like 40, then it was like, 'oh geez you're kidding me I gotta cut that movie...oh no! not that one too'...But I kept at it and sent some great films to the dust bin Here's hoping they still make the countdown!

I feel ya pain...I had a list of 70 some really great and favorite movies. But to cut it down to only 25 was hard, I mean really hard! I got it down to like 40, then it was like, 'oh geez you're kidding me I gotta cut that movie...oh no! not that one too'...But I kept at it and sent some great films to the dust bin Here's hoping they still make the countdown!

My thought exactly!

For me it's something like "Godfather", which is probably in my top 25 favorites, but I know it will do well so can I replace it with something else. I probably won't do that but that's the conundrum.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lists are coming in Fast and Furiously (hint at #1 so far) I better not procrastinate or else I'll have dozens of lists to input at the end!!!!

KEEP 'EM COMIN'.

I've got an out-of-left-field tweak on the presentation in mind. I'm a little behind on stuff but should be able to focus on this list this coming week. You'll definitely want to be part of it!

Who's damned idea was this?!?

Sitting here separating categories of directors (7), comedy, Cult, Main big films, war and Sci Fi and Foreign and I've got 50 films, can maybe cull 10 of those!