Lord of the Rings 4k UHD remaster (who is excited?!!)

Tools    

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...t-availability

Available in 4K for the very first time, the arrival of the two Middle-earth trilogies in the UHD format will fill the gaps in the movie libraries of legions of film fans who still hanker after the physical medium for their collections.

Available in both standard and, from selected retailers, Steelbook sets, both trilogies will feature the theatrical and extended versions of the six films in 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) in the form of Dolby Vision which uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimise the picture for every scene, frame by frame, expanding the colour palette and contrast range.

Both trilogies will also also feature a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theatre environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.

The two movies collections, adapted from J.R.R Tolkein’s beloved books by filmmaker Peter Jackson, who also oversaw the 4K remastering process, include:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

The Return of The King was rewarded with Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	01044b0ffa24e7a71860ae57b1628d7d_3x3.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	68852  

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Meanwhile, so many masterpieces don't even have a 1080p.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Does that mean all the CGI shots will be redone with modern CGI?

Also will there be new bonus material, maybe retrospective interviews with the cast and crew?

You ready? You look ready.
Does that mean all the CGI shots will be redone with modern CGI?

Also will there be new bonus material, maybe retrospective interviews with the cast and crew?
Doubtful. They are probably just going to do some upsampling with the original textures, so I suspect the CGI is going to look worse than it should.

I’m sick of 4K remasters to be honest. I’m fine with the audio getting redone since we do have speaker configurations that allow for filling the overhead audio space, but if it wasn’t shot in 4K to begin with I usually end up hating the eventual picture refresh.

I've never fully understood the whole 4k situation regarding what's "true 4k" and upscaling and remasters. What is the resolution of normal 35mm film? Is it equivalent to 4k? Also all the 4k discs are so expensive. Normal HD is good enough for me.