Holiday Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
OK, well that solves all dilemmas, two of the three I was thinking of nominating have been nominated by other people, so the third option it is!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Something to note - A Christmas Carol (1951) is also known as Scrooge. The poster in the second post seems to be of the colourized version, it was originally in black and white. Does it matter which version we watch? (I've seen both so it doesn't matter to me...)

But what about Black Christmas? That's even got Christmas in the title, but probably isn't a family movie Not quite sure why Christmas movies would have to be family movies. What about The Holiday? Or Love Actually? I'm pretty sure those are Christmas movies but not family movies. I'm not even sure Scrooge would be tagged as family, but I can't think of anything more Christmassy than that.

(Just to note, I haven't seen Black Christmas and wasn't thinking about nominating it. I'm also not trying to derail the thread. If you want it to be just for family Christmas movies, that's cool with me. That way I can watch them with my kids. )

I have another question about Gremlins, though, is it a family movie? I remember not being allowed to watch it when I was 11, but was debating watching it with my kids last year when it was showing in cinemas. I feel like my 12 year old might like it, if I could persuade him to watch something so ancient...
Like I said there's no perfect way to disseminate and categorize genre movies, especially when there's not a Holiday genre. Try hosting one of these some day and you'll see it ain't easy
If you want it to be just for family Christmas movies, that's cool with me. That way I can watch them with my kids. )
Yes, that's what I was thinking and that's why I said this in the 1st post: 'The theme is those happy, sappy, heartwarming, sometimes funny, sometimes poignant Holiday movies (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah), you know the kind that get played at this time of year'

Something to note - A Christmas Carol (1951) is also known as Scrooge. The poster in the second post seems to be of the colourized version, it was originally in black and white. Does it matter which version we watch? (I've seen both so it doesn't matter to me...)
We'll have to ask @edarsenal I assume he meant the black and white version? But don't know for sure.

Here's the movies so far:

The Family Man (2000) CR
Home Alone (1990) Raul
Rise of the Guardians (2012) UsualSuspect
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) Wyldesyde
A Christmas Carol (1951) Edarsenal
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) Thursday Next

The trick is not minding
Here's the movies so far:

The Family Man (2000) CR
Home Alone (1990) Raul
Rise of the Guardians (2012) UsualSuspect
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) Wyldesyde
A Christmas Carol (1951) Edarsenal
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) Thursday Next
All interesting selections. Glad to see Home Alone and Nightmare before Christmas nominated.
I fully expected different versions of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge to be nominated as it’s been adapted many times, so that’s good to see.
The only one I’m not familiar with is the 1951 version.
Good stuff. I expect GBG will join now that the nominees have been shown.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Very true, the American version is named after the story with the original "Scrooge" underneath the title.
I've seen both the colorized and the B&W (my preference) and will leave it to the discretion of the viewer.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This feels like it will be done quickly.

I totally expect people to complain about my choice not being "Holiday Themed" enough.

Suspect's Reviews

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

I totally expect people to complain about my choice not being "Holiday Themed" enough.
Rise is the only one I haven't seen and have been curious about so I'm looking forward to it.

The trick is not minding

Nah, Holiday themed is a tricky thing to define, so even if I didn’t agree, I wasn’t going to make a big deal over it. I would hope others would follow this example.
I read that “Rise...” was a box office bomb so at the very least, I now have that category covered in the 2020 Challenge 😎

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Seen it once. Own it. No reason for it to not fit the holiday billing

Lol if I joined, my recommendation would be Sint but I am turning it down. Have fun you all.

I'm most definitely NOT going to join this one. I hope everyone enjoys their stay, and just acknowledge this isn't my thing
No Rare Exports? lol