On this day in history...

Tools    

11/11/1918 - WWI ended with the signing of the Armistice.

...and the seeds of WWII began on that day.
I suppose so. Who would have guessed that 20 years later another world war was brewing.

11-12-70 - "The Oregon Highway Division attempts to destroy a rotting eight-ton sperm whale near Florence, Oregon with half a ton of dynamite, leading to the now infamous exploding whale incident. The explosion caused large pieces of blubber to land some distance away from the beach and left much of the whale intact."

11-12-70 - "The Oregon Highway Division attempts to destroy a rotting eight-ton sperm whale near Florence, Oregon with half a ton of dynamite, leading to the now infamous exploding whale incident. The explosion caused large pieces of blubber to land some distance away from the beach and left much of the whale intact."
That's pretty wacky. I note that Oregon hasn't acquired a whole lot more sense since then...

LOL. If this were post-Watergate, it would have been called #blubbergate.