Who Will be Our Next President?

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Not to bring this up again but I just saw this.

I'm just a little more hesitant to label. When looking at a group, the first 2 things I look at is their stated ideology and their body of work. The proud boys stated ideology would not qualify them as a hate group and their body of work seems to consist of them fighting with Antifa. They appear to be a nationalist group rather than a white nationalist group. As much as we all despise Antifa (I hope) I don't know if I would classify them as a hate group either. They are certainly something, and I am at least comfortable saying we could do without both of them.

I do think the very mention of the proud boys in a Trump/Biden thread is telling.

Anita has caused practically nonstop mayhem and destruction all across America. Leaders openly state that they use violence for political purposes.

The Proud Boys I would surmise is a group we'd be better off without, but whatever they've done it's not in the same ballpark as Antifa. Leaders openly state that they will use violence but only in self-defense.

Trump: condemns Antifa and the proud boys.

Biden and other democrats: condemns the Proud Boys but refuses to condemn Antifa, and claims they don't even exist, yet Biden and Harris helped fund bailouts of some of their members including some very violent criminals.

This thread: let's talk about the proud boys?

Of course we know exactly why the proud boys are brought up, because apparently they are Trump supporters, and any Trump hater would want to connect them.
The issue here is what each group represents. *
The fact is that Antifa, as a whole isn’t an organization by any means. They have no leadership, and really no membership. It’s a collection of like minded individuals who oppose fascism. Fascism bad.
Have there been some violence perpetrated by individuals in the name of Antifa? Sure. I don’t think anyone has claimed otherwise.
But let’s not act like The Proud Boys have not been equally as violent, and in some cases more so.

The issue here is what each group represents. *
The fact is that Antifa, as a whole isn’t an organization by any means. They have no leadership, and really no membership. It’s a collection of like minded individuals who oppose fascism. Fascism bad.
They do have leaders and you can find that out in a second if you look, and while they claim to be against fascism, they are indeed fascists. You can find as many examples of this as you want. I find it to be incredible that you say these things.

Have there been some violence perpetrated by individuals in the name of Antifa? Sure. I don’t think anyone has claimed otherwise.
But let’s not act like The Proud Boys have not been equally as violent, and in some cases more so.
I don't know how you could think they are even in the same ballpark.

The more I'm learning about Biden the more I cannot stand him and realise I liked Trump, even with his big ego and odd mannerisms, I love the orange dude.

Anybody celebrating this in the UK like so many of our vapid celebrities, just know that Biden is a man who deeply opposed Brexit and when asked to do a quick interview on the campaign trail, his reply when told it was for the BBC was to smile and say "I'm Irish" before walking away [I thinks it's more likely that if Joe Biden doesn't absolutely have to answer questions without an autocue, Joe Biden will not speak... but the sentiment remains] we had four years to settle a new trade deal with pro UK Trump and did nothing, regardless whether you wanted to leave or remain in the EU this is bad news for us now.
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

The trick is not minding
They do have leaders and you can find that out in a second if you look, and while they claim to be against fascism, they are indeed fascists. You can find as many examples of this as you want. I find it to be incredible that you say these things.

I don't know how you could think they are even in the same ballpark.
This is incorrect. Antifa has always been described as a autonomous group. You can find that out in a second if you look as well.
I too, find it incredible that you say that The Proud Boys and Antifa are in the same ball park. Afterall, there were many Proud Boy brandishing guns protesting the shutdown.* Don’t recall Antifa doing the same.
But such as it is, I’m uninterested in arguing the matter any further. I don’t see us ever coming to any agreement here. So what say we let it go? Agreed?

The more I'm learning about Biden the more I cannot stand him and realise I liked Trump, even with his big ego and odd mannerisms, I love the orange dude.

Anybody celebrating this in the UK like so many of our vapid celebrities, just know that Biden is a man who deeply opposed Brexit and when asked to do a quick interview on the campaign trail, his reply when told it was for the BBC was to smile and say "I'm Irish" before walking away, we had four years to settle a new trade deal with pro UK Trump and did nothing, regardless whether you wanted to leave or remain in the EU this is bad news for us now.
I'm British and don't agree with you at all. Trump's attitude was "America First" and his foreign trade policy was terrible and protectionist to the detriment of the USA and other countries.

Plus I don't think that a trade deal with the US will make much difference. What do people expect? Could someone outline a realistic best-case scenario? It's all well and good hoping for a "good deal" but no one has explained to me what this would mean and how realistically we can achieve a deal outside of the EU with the US that would drastically change the way we trade with them and benefits us.

Here's a report into how small a trade deal impact would be - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51706802

I think Biden overall is about cooperation rather than isolation and barriers, he doesn't seem to me like the type of man to make decisions out of spite or self-interest.

This is incorrect. Antifa has always been described as a autonomous group. You can find that out in a second if you look as well.
I already know that they're described that way, but that doesn't mean they're not funded, are organized, and have leaders.

I too, find it incredible that you say that The Proud Boys and Antifa are in the same ball park. Afterall, there were many Proud Boy brandishing guns protesting the shutdown.* Don’t recall Antifa doing the same.
Did they shoot anyone? Antifa certainly has, and they've done a hell of a lot more.

You remember the reporter being attacked just for being a conservative, that's fascism. There's countless other examples of this type of violence. That's what they do.

But such as it is, I’m uninterested in arguing the matter any further. I don’t see us ever coming to any agreement here. So what say we let it go? Agreed?
Whatever you do is up to you my friend.

I don't think he will be making many decision on his own pal. The fact remains Trump was pro Brexit and a leader and also spoke like he was willing to help us and this new centre or extreme left government and their grinning puppet were not.

I cant explain to you what a Trump deal would have looked like because it didn't happen, we didn't get the chance

I don't think he will be making many decision on his own pal. The fact remains Trump was pro Brexit and a leader and also spoke like he was willing to help us and this new centre or extreme left government and grinning puppet were not.

I cant explain to you what a Trump deal would have looked like because it didn't happen, we didn't get the chance
I'm not sure what Trump being pro-Brexit means or how that translates to meaning he would have wanted to give us a beneficial trade deal... I saw his "pro-Brexit" stance as being supportive of it because it was anti-establishment, anti-EU (who he also sees as a trade foe) and generally populist/disruptive. He had four years to make a deal with us and he didn't, in the BBC link in my last post it looks at the type of deal the government wanted to do with Trump and shows how the difference it would have made would have been virtually nothing.

I don't think Biden is extreme-left. I would say he is more economically right-wing and more of a "classic liberal" than the isolationist Trump. I'd say he's probably very close to this Conservative government on trade actually.

The dems suddenly started changing laws just before corona in swing states for this election (without a test run), and what we have to ask ourselves is why did they do it. Republicans fought it and there is at least some question as to if what the dems did is constitutionally legal.
I'd be curious where you heard that. PA was the swingiest swing state, and we did have a "test run," for the primaries.

As for why, well, it's pretty obvious: the pandemic. It's a lot safer to vote by mail.

Anybody celebrating this in the UK like so many of our vapid celebrities, just know that Biden is a man who deeply opposed Brexit
Most UK celebrities deeply opposed Brexit too.

I'm not sure what Trump being pro-Brexit means or how that translates to meaning he would have wanted to give us a beneficial trade deal... I saw his "pro-Brexit" stance as being supportive of it because it was anti-establishment, anti-EU (who he also sees as a trade foe) and generally populist/disruptive. He had four years to make a deal with us and he didn't, in the BBC link in my last post it looks at the type of deal the government wanted to do with Trump and shows how the difference it would have made would have been virtually nothing.

I don't think Biden is extreme-left. I would say he is more economically right-wing and more of a "classic liberal" than the isolationist Trump. I'd say he's probably very close to this Conservative government on trade actually.
I read the report and its a one sided prediction, I wasn't not criticising our own government in my last post and in regards to his reason of his support for brexit, that to me says he would have liked to see the outcome be successful as why wouldnt he, if it were a failure he would be proved wrong.

I'd be curious where you heard that. PA was the swingiest swing state, and we did have a "test run," for the primaries.

As for why, well, it's pretty obvious: the pandemic. It's a lot safer to vote by mail.
I didn't realize about Pennsylvania, but the Dems put this all in motion before the U.S. got hit with the pandemic. I read an article talking about it from Feb 6. It was already happening.

This talk I'm hearing about Kamala being an inspiration to little girls for what they can do is making me a little nauseous. Are they supposed to all go find their Willie Brown?