Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Well the trial is over, the Judge is expected to rule on it in September.

Amber Heard was booed as she made a statement outside the court.

Whichever way the judgement goes both parties may settle their case scheduled for next year in which Depp is claiming $50 million from Heard directly.

I feel like the case has gone badly for Heard but we'll have to wait till September.

Disgraceful verdict. Embarrassed that the Judge endorsed Heard's claims of abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54779430

Don't know what Depp and everyone else expected to be totally honest. I knew he'd lose this.
Heard smacks of psycho...

But in the eyes of the law, especially in the UK...

... it is completely, totally, and utterly impossible, for a woman to be the aggressor in a domestic situation.

Edit: I'm speaking from experience.

I think people need to remember that this was a libel case against a newspaper, not some court case trying to determine what proportion of abuse came from each of them.

I despise The S*n but the use of the term "wife-beater" is pretty subjective and they are a newspaper reporting on the news, I think if you support free speech then it could set a dangerous precedent to ban the usage of a term which is quite broad on a case that in my opinion has shown both of them to be abusive.

I think the whole thing has been pretty shameful to both of them, and not painted either in a positive light. Lots of substance abuse and clearly both have problems.

I think people are drawing the wrong conclusions, which isn't helped by the way the media has reported this case. I could also argue that Depp has attempted to glorify this case and make it into an affair based on larger right/wrong issues rather than one based on what it is, a libel case against a tabloid paper.

Movie Forums Extra
We humans do not really know for sure what the truth of the matter was, so according to the media, we each make different judgments about Johnny and Depp, but I still think the media can influence people's thinking. Have a great impact.
Finally, in the final court, the final result will be announced. I can not blame either of them, because whenever something happens, the reaction of both of them causes problems and shortcomings.

We humans do not really know for sure what the truth of the matter was, so according to the media, we each make different judgments about Johnny and Depp...
We humans? As opposed to.... aliens? Insects? Amoebas?
Also who TF is Depp?

I think people need to remember that this was a libel case against a newspaper, not some court case trying to determine what proportion of abuse came from each of them.

I despise The S*n but the use of the term "wife-beater" is pretty subjective and they are a newspaper reporting on the news, I think if you support free speech then it could set a dangerous precedent to ban the usage of a term which is quite broad on a case that in my opinion has shown both of them to be abusive.

I think the whole thing has been pretty shameful to both of them, and not painted either in a positive light. Lots of substance abuse and clearly both have problems.

I think people are drawing the wrong conclusions, which isn't helped by the way the media has reported this case. I could also argue that Depp has attempted to glorify this case and make it into an affair based on larger right/wrong issues rather than one based on what it is, a libel case against a tabloid paper.
I'm fully aware that the libel case was going to be hard to win, but the Judge found that 12 of the 14 allegations of abuse toward Heard by Depp have been "proved". I cannot believe that someone, especially a judge, could not see through Heard's lies, she even has a history of domestic violence.

I've felt that Johnny Depp was forced into this case, and has not tried to glorify it in any way. How would you feel if your abuser came out a couple of years after your divorce stating that she was the abused, ruining your reputation and career in the process? There was no choice but to fight shame or no shame.

Anyways this was a prelude to the main event, the defamation suit to take place in the US next year. I hope Depp gets justice.

I'm fully aware that the libel case was going to be hard to win, but the Judge found that 12 of the 14 allegations of abuse toward Heard by Depp have been "proved". I cannot believe that someone, especially a judge, could not see through Heard's lies, she even has a history of domestic violence.

I've felt that Johnny Depp was forced into this case, and has not tried to glorify it in any way. How would you feel if your abuser came out a couple of years after your divorce stating that she was the abused, ruining your reputation and career in the process? There was no choice but to fight shame or no shame.

Anyways this was a prelude to the main event, the defamation suit to take place in the US next year. I hope Depp gets justice.
The evidence I’ve read from the British courts is that Depp sure was a nasty piece of work. Anyone who hits a woman is the lowest form of pond life. (Yes, she did hit him once.) Personally, I am glad that Heard prevailed & that’s all I am going to say on this subject.

The evidence I’ve read from the British courts is that Depp sure was a nasty piece of work. Anyone who hits a woman is the lowest form of pond life. (Yes, she did hit him once.) Personally, I am glad that Heard prevailed & that’s all I am going to say on this subject.
You're not looking for a discussion as you say, but Depp is such a nasty piece of work that he has repeatedly been described as the nicest guy in Hollywood, has his ex wife and girlfriend coming out to support him, not to mention all the staff and public, and a growing list of others in the TV/Movie business. On the other hand Heard has a history of domestic abuse and is clearly a lying narcissistic violent psychopath but yea it's tremendous that she won.

Unfortunately in the minds of many, including the Judge, it's just not possible that a woman can be an abuser in a relationship.

The trick is not minding
You're not looking for a discussion as you say, but Depp is such a nasty piece of work that he has repeatedly been described as the nicest guy in Hollywood, has his ex wife and girlfriend coming out to support him, not to mention all the staff and public, and a growing list of others in the TV/Movie business. On the other hand Heard has a history of domestic abuse and is clearly a lying narcissistic violent psychopath but yea it's tremendous that she won.

Unfortunately in the minds of many, including the Judge, it's just not possible that a woman can be an abuser in a relationship.
Right. You’re conveniently ignoring his attacks on photographers in the 90’s. And his trashing hotel rooms.
They both have issues, but let’s not paint Depp as some saint.

Right. You’re conveniently ignoring his attacks on photographers in the 90’s. And his trashing hotel rooms.
They both have issues, but let’s not paint Depp as some saint.
Not a saint, clearly an alcohol and drug abuser, probably brought on by being in a relationship with a monster like Heard.

Don't know anything about any photographer assaults, but good on him if he did, paparazzi are the scum of the Earth.

The trick is not minding
Not a saint, clearly an alcohol and drug abuser, probably brought on by being in a relationship with a monster like Heard.

Don't know anything about any photographer assaults, but good on him if he did, paparazzi are the scum of the Earth.
He had a long history of drug and alcohol issues before he met Heard.

He had a long history of drug and alcohol issues before he met Heard.
Yea I knew about that but if Heard was as bad as Depp claims then drugs and alcohol were an escape for him, or an underlying issue exasperated if you like.

The trick is not minding
Yea I knew about that but if Heard was as bad as Depp claims then drugs and alcohol were an escape for him, or an underlying issue exasperated if you like.
Which is a poor excuse. If it’s that bad, get out. Don’t turn to drugs and/or alcohol to excuse your behavior and then pin it on her as the reason.
I get she’s pretty bad, but let’s not dance around his own issues here.

Can't even see where the knob is
I never liked her. There is something seriously skeevy and rotten about her. Sucks to see Depp lose.

Which is a poor excuse. If it’s that bad, get out. Don’t turn to drugs and/or alcohol to excuse your behavior and then pin it on her as the reason.
I get she’s pretty bad, but let’s not dance around his own issues here.
He did get out, it was a short marriage. He tried to work on it and get her to stop being violent, it's on tape, it didn't work.

I'm not sure he has blamed the excessive drug/alcohol abuse on her either I'm just saying the situation may have made it worse.

The trick is not minding
He did get out, it was a short marriage. He tried to work on it and get her to stop being violent, it's on tape, it didn't work.

I'm not sure he has blamed the excessive drug/alcohol abuse on her either I'm just saying the situation may have made it worse.
Actually, she left him. But that’s beside the point.
Maybe it wasn’t your intention, but it does seem like you were framing his issues around her, thereby taking responsibility for his actions out of his own hands.

Actually, she left him. But that’s beside the point.
Maybe it wasn’t your intention, but it does seem like you were framing his issues around her, thereby taking responsibility for his actions out of his own hands.
Without looking it up I think Depp had decided the relationship to be over after Heard left a **** in the bed, and catching wind of this Heard quickly filed for divorce and restraining order. I think you'll find that both probably claim to have decided to leave the other, but Heard got the filing done quicker.

To be clear I'm saying his mental health declined due to the abuse he suffered from Heard, and any long term alcohol/drug abuse would have increased as a result.

I'm not sure what actions you are referring to? The alcohol/drug taking itself or the alleged abuse toward Heard.