What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
[center]
I'm collecting all the Friday the 13th series on VHS tapes
How many have you found, I only own part 6 and Freddy vs Jason atm.

Watcher in the Woods. It's not on any streaming services. Disney+ says it will be on there in the future, but I can't wait that long.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
keep The Dark Crystal , dont ever sell it its one of amazing 80s movies
Agreed, Jim Henson's masterpiece.

I watched The Dark Crystal recently for the Fantasy HoF. I had seen it many years ago, and I remembered liking it when I was younger, but it didn't live up to my expectations, so I bought the DVD hoping that when I rewatch it again in the future, I will like it again.

⬆️ Nice collection. I love buying DVDs.

I watched The Dark Crystal recently for the Fantasy HoF. I had seen it many years ago, and I remembered liking it when I was younger, but it didn't live up to my expectations, so I bought the DVD hoping that when I rewatch it again in the future, I will like it again.
i think they did a new one this yr =/

i think they did a new one this yr =/

I think they recently released a TV series based on the movie The Dark Crystal, but it's on Netflix, so I didn't watch it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I think they recently released a TV series based on the movie The Dark Crystal, but it's on Netflix, so I didn't watch it.
For whatever it's worth, I really enjoyed the series. It's a prequel, of sorts, but doesn't quite align with what I remember of the movie. The series was gorgeous though, mixing both practical puppetry and CGI effects very well. Story arcs were more an ensemble set and felt modern and faster (?) compared to the movie. There was more world building too, if I remember correctly. As good as any other televised drama currently out as far as writing goes, but with puppets!

I believe Netflix decided not to create a follow-up season, which is unfortunate IMO. Still, I feel it's worth the watch for any fan of the movie or for anyone who is in need of a single season run of something that's not easily distracted by fantasy/sci-fi chacters.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

For whatever it's worth, I really enjoyed the series. It's a prequel, of sorts, but doesn't quite align with what I remember of the movie. The series was gorgeous though, mixing both practical puppetry and CGI effects very well. Story arcs were more an ensemble set and felt modern and faster (?) compared to the movie. There was more world building too, if I remember correctly. As good as any other televised drama currently out as far as writing goes, but with puppets!

I believe Netflix decided not to create a follow-up season, which is unfortunate IMO. Still, I feel it's worth the watch for any fan of the movie or for anyone who is in need of a single season run of something that's not easily distracted by fantasy/sci-fi chacters.

I have nothing against the series. I just don't have a Netflix account. If I can find the series on DVD cheap, or if it ever gets shown on a TV channel that I get, I'll probably watch it.

How many have you found, I only own part 6 and Freddy vs Jason atm.
My Friday VHS Haul at the moment.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	449.7 KB
ID:	68596  
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I can't imagine a world where this is not a bootleg, but I scooped up a Studio Ghibli collection off eBay recently. Pretty psyched about it. I can watch most the films on HBO Max, but, now I can watch them without any fear they'll be removed, etc.