What do you think of Christmas Vacation (1989)?

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
What all do you get with the $25 ticket-per-household purchase? And are you doing the VIP package for $150?
No VIP here. I reserve crazy purchases like that for in-person Weird Al concerts only.

The household ticket gets you the streaming of the movie and the Q&A session live with Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, I believe. Haven't looked too closely at it yet. Just found the link elsewhere a few minutes ago and thought I'd share here.

No VIP here. I reserve crazy purchases like that for in-person Weird Al concerts only.

The household ticket gets you the streaming of the movie and the Q&A session live with Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, I believe. Haven't looked too closely at it yet. Just found the link elsewhere a few minutes ago and thought I'd share here.
Cool! I hope you'll post back after you've done this and let us know what it was like.

A system of cells interlinked

I don't know, MARGOT!

I guess I'd would say it's an essential christmas movie, but I heavily prefer the original Vacation.

I think the movie is very funny. Out of the four movies, I would rate it # 2 behind the first one. Loved John Randolph, EG Marshall, Diane Ladd, and Doris Roberts as Clark and Ellen's parents.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Hilarious movie, me and my family get together and watch it every Christmas.

I don't think it's that great, but I'm not offended by people liking it. Unless they say it's better than the first one. That definitely gets my gentlemanly ways calling for a street duel.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I didn't care much for it when It was out, and that's coming from a solid Chevy Chase fan at the time. Yeah, I was a kid, but I loved Chevy! The humor felt forced, as I remember at least. But it has grown on me over the years. It could never equal the original Vacation but seems to get better with age.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
lol, I don't mean this to sound smart ass but I feel it will come off that way. Is that #757 your 757th review? Or is it your all time ranking for this movie?

Some of the humor falls flat (like at the department store counter). But there's some good set pieces such as the Christmas lights and the Christmas tree sequence and it manages to throw in some touching moments such as the home movies in the attic.

Not as good as the original Vacation, but it holds up as a solid Christmas perennial.

Welcome to the human race...
lol, I don't mean this to sound smart ass but I feel it will come off that way. Is that #757 your 757th review? Or is it your all time ranking for this movie?
That was from the "One Movie A Day" thread I started in 2015, wherein I challenged myself to watch at least one movie a day for the entire year (with the goal being to review as many of them as possible). Christmas Vacation was the 757th film I watched that year.

The trick is not minding
That was from the "One Movie A Day" thread I started in 2015, wherein I challenged myself to watch at least one movie a day for the entire year (with the goal being to review as many of them as possible). Christmas Vacation was the 757th film I watched that year.
Great googly moogly! That’s a lot of films!