MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

I've tried to be more selective this year in our league when it comes to waivers. It might be hurting me actually, since I've missed out on guys who could've helped me in the short term, but I ask myself every week, "Should I squander my priority for a one-week rental or a guy who's likely to languish on my bench? Or keep waiting for a true difference maker to become available, like a back-up RB suddenly thrust into a juicy starting role?" In that sense, the waiver-wire priority can be both a blessing and a curse, as I miss out on guys who could strengthen my team in the hopes of grabbing a "lottery ticket" that may never arrive.
Yeah, there's a few teams I specifically check my waiver priority in relation to, and you're obviously one of them. I saved it for awhile and decided to cash it in on Claypool. Time will tell if that was wise or not.

Would like my chances against Yoda this week if my top team were to take the field but having to start Mayfield for Watson is not optimal and now it looks like A. Jones will be out. J. Williams is an okay back up but he looks for contact and has no real big play potential. Add to that the Vikings pass D is awful and it may be the Rodgers show on Sunday. Only thing really working for me is it looks like McCaffery is not going to play which means I may be able to squeak a decent final game from Davis.

Would like my chances against Yoda this week if my top team were to take the field but having to start Mayfield for Watson is not optimal and now it looks like A. Jones will be out. J. Williams is an okay back up but he looks for contact and has no real big play potential. Add to that the Vikings pass D is awful and it may be the Rodgers show on Sunday. Only thing really working for me is it looks like McCaffery is not going to play which means I may be able to squeak a decent final game from Davis.
I think Mayfield's matchup is gonna offset the Watson thing. I hope not, but that's my guess. The Jones thing is huge, though, yeah. With Jones my RB advantage is basically negated, we'd be rolling out four of the top five backs combined, perhaps. Davis is big, too, your chances are much better with that.

Mainly, though, you've just got enough playmakers that a win is very very plausible. I'll consider myself lucky if I dodge Jones playing and your replacement doesn't happen to hit big, for sure. And to be honest, any particularly great season probably has to involve being both good and lucky.

Fantasy Football question. Is it really bad when my opponents kicker outscores my RB2?

...yes. Yes that's usually bad. Unless your kicker is amazing. I do feel like we've seen more insane kicker totals this year than usual, for whatever reason.

Aaron Jones out, heavily mitigated by Hey Fred having the handcuff and Williams being a really strong fill-in, but still a hit, and definitely lucky for me. We'll see if it swings the outcome.

...and there's a 50 yard score for a fourth touchdown. Well then.

This is why it's super hard to win 'em all: eventually you just run into a dude having the game of his life.

Yeah he is having a crazy day. Might score again. Not sure if green bay has even gotten a hand on him today.

Meanwhile, the one running back I thought was a starter now appears to be the third stringer. That's fun!

Yeah, coaches have no reason to level with us on this stuff, assuming they even really know themselves who they're gonna play. Some of those situations are just total crapshoots. Hence the increased value for anyone who seems to have a regular role, I guess, though outside of the studs it's always a little tenative.

Anyway, what a day for Cook. One more big play and we're talking all-time fantasy/historic territory! Like we were talking about a few weeks ago, those explosive guys seem more valuable each year. I think if we were in a 10 or even 12-team league they'd be the whole game, really, but we're deep enough that spreading things around still has major strategic value. But way less than it used to, it seems.

Baker Mayfield turning back into Baker Mayfield this week. Just glad he didn't go negative against that awesome Las Vegas D.
Yeah, if Dalvin Cook puts up just 20+ that could've really cost you, but I think you're gonna take this unless Kamara has a great game and Tampa throws up like 15+ on the Giants (which is plausible). We'll see, but nice job either way, think you got this one.

The trick is not minding
With Denver trailing, I won’t be expecting much from Gordon from here on out. Graham has yet to do anything, but neither has Kittle so it’s a wash so far.
It comes down to Brees, who’s pretty steady so far in his game, and Coopers game tonight.

The trick is not minding
Oh, and adding further injury to my team, Hilton exited early. Of course, he had underwhelmed for the most part this year, but I really can’t afford to take any injuries to the WR slot, considering my lack of depth.

Man, Hilton. Not that long ago he seemed like he'd be a stud for years, particularly if Luck was still with him, the two of them getting better together each year.

The trick is not minding
Man, Hilton. Not that long ago he seemed like he'd be a stud for years, particularly if Luck was still with him, the two of them getting better together each year.
Yeah, I though Hilton would have had better points production considering they have Rivers now. I forget what round I drafted him, but either way, he’s been a huge disappointment