Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

The trick is not minding
So, with it being a 3 day weekend for me coming up, I’ll be able to finish the Fantasy HOF. I have a Kwaidan and Tideland planned for this week. Dragonheart and LoTR after.
After that, what the next HOF we’ll Be joining? I know there were were a few ideas being thrown out there such as Historical.
Someone mentioned South Korea HOF a while back.

[quote=Wyldesyde19;2121193]So, with it being a 3 day weekend for me coming up, I’ll be able to finish the Fantasy HOF. I have a Kwaidan and Tideland planned for this week. Dragonheart and LoTR after.
After that, what the next HOF we’ll Be joining? I know there were were a few ideas being thrown out there such as Historical.
Someone mentioned South Korea HOF a while back.[/quote @MovieGal said she wanted do do a Historical HoF, I believe in September. Tomorrow will be Sept 1st, so maybe we will do that.

The trick is not minding
[quote=Citizen Rules;2121212]
So, with it being a 3 day weekend for me coming up, I’ll be able to finish the Fantasy HOF. I have a Kwaidan and Tideland planned for this week. Dragonheart and LoTR after.
Someone mentioned South Korea HOF a while back.[/quote @MovieGal said she wanted do do a Historical HoF, I believe in September. Tomorrow will be Sept 1st, so maybe we will do that.
I can’t wait for that one. Already have my nom down to 2 choices.

[quote=Citizen Rules;2121212]
We can do it Mid September.

I have another HOF idea... but I don't want to run it.

First and Last Hall of Fame

- either by the director or actor - you nominate their first film and the most current film they acted/directed.

The trick is not minding
I mean if we are doing regions...France, Germany, and Italy all deserve Hall of Fames.
Agreed. Wish I had been here to participate in the Russia HOF and still mad at myself for missing the Japan HOF.
In conclusion, more country specific HOF.

I mean if we are doing regions...France, Germany, and Italy all deserve Hall of Fames.
I might be more interested in doing this one.... but let's do the smaller countries... Swiss and Dutch ....

does anyone know of a simple template for a newspaper for my next HOF? or anyone got a program like that?

If I do the History/Historical one.. thats what I want it to be like.

does anyone know of a simple template for a newspaper for my next HOF? or anyone got a program like that?

If I do the History/Historical one.. thats what I want it to be like.
Just google newspaper generator there's a bunch of sites that will generate a newspaper image with your info in it.

So was it just decided that we're not counting the Personal Rec Halls in the archive or what?
I decided not to record the results as the Personal Rec is so different than the HoFs. Even though Cricket named it a HoF it's not an HoF, it's more like a Series. I had suggested to Cricket that he does a running winners list on the 1st post of the Personal Rec thread, sort of like how the song tournaments were done. Maybe he'll do that.

I think CR said he might put them in the third post if there ended up being more than one, since they're different from the regular format HoFs. Or perhaps I imagined that.
I did say that, then...I changed my mind I do that a lot

I actually had something quite different in mind for the third post when I first made the thread, I've just not gotten around to it yet.

But it is a Hall of Fame...

Also, at what point was it decided that you are in charge of deciding such things? Was there some sort of vote I'm unaware of/was left out of?

It's a collaborative thing. Should be a collaborative decision.

Sean formally did the HoF Archive thread, he took over for Destiny, who took over for Godoggo. When Sean left MoFo, he asked me to take over the thread. So I did and I kept the format the same as he had done. I'm not interested in arguing over it, a Hall of Fame be it sports, rock n roll or movies, is where a committee nominates what they think are the best or noteworthy, and then vote on it... the nomination with the most votes/points is inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Yes Cricket chose to call it a 'Hall of Fame' but it's not structured that way. The Personal Rec is a game more like the Sheep game we use to play here, but with movie watching. It's not a Hall of Fame as no movie is honored. And it's been a long standing tradition that the HoF archives are about honoring the movie, not the person who nominated it. MarkF once pointed out to me that the person doesn't win an HoF, the movie does. That's why movie tournaments were never included by anyone in the HoF archives thread...and that's why there's no mention of who nominated the movies that are inducted in the archives.

I plan on keeping the format the same. And I'm not interesting in arguing the point, so I won't be responding to other arguments about the same subject.

The trick is not minding
Sean formally did the HoF Archive thread, he took over for Destiny, who took over for Godoggo. When Sean left MoFo, he asked me to take over the thread. So I did and I kept the format the same as he had done. I'm not interested in arguing over it, a Hall of Fame be it sports, rock n roll or movies, is where a committee nominates what they think are the best or noteworthy, and then vote on it... the nomination with the most votes/points is inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Yes Cricket chose to call it a 'Hall of Fame' but it's not structured that way. The Personal Rec is a game more like the Sheep game we use to play here, but with movie watching. It's not a Hall of Fame as no movie is honored. And it's been a long standing tradition that the HoF archives are about honoring the movie, not the person who nominated it. MarkF once pointed out to me that the person doesn't win an HoF, the movie does. That's why movie tournaments were never included by anyone in the HoF archives thread...and that's why there's no mention of who nominated the movies that are inducted in the archives.

I plan on keeping the format the same. And I'm not interesting in arguing the point, so I won't be responding to other arguments about the same subject.
While I agree with most of the above, the only part I disagree with is that “the movie wins, not the person”.
I understand your position on it, and won’t challenge it, and it’s a nice sentiment, but it’s not one we all agree with nor are we required to.
I always felt the movie and the person wins.
But again, I’m fine with it’s current structure. HOF and Personal Reccs are awarded differently. Maybe have a personal recc page for it separately.