The Haunting of Hill House

Tools    

I've heard it's not quite on the same level as Season One, and using the same cast seems like a bad decision.... I'll probably watch it soon though

I've heard it's not quite on the same level as Season One, and using the same cast seems like a bad decision.... I'll probably watch it soon though
Not being on the same level feels like a major understatement. I tried to continue, but I'm officially giving this up late in the third episode (hell, even the dreaded telenovela look was back). One of the biggest disappointments this year, and we can officially call 2020 the year of terrible The Turn of the Screw adaptations.

A system of cells interlinked
Damn, that's a bummer. Was hoping Flanagan could take this in a bit of a different direction, while maintaining the same level of quality, for better or for worse, of his other Lasser Glass material. That is to say, good, not great. Will still give it a shot, but I have a feeling i will end up agreeing with pahaK...

Second Season is out; has anyone seen it?

Just finished it and it was wildly uneven. I don't mind liberties being taken to keep things fresh but they shoehorned a completely different Henry James story (The Romance of Certain Old Clothes) in episode 8, blending the two stories also in family name, which was completely unnecessary.

In all, about 3 good episodes, the rest is quite ho-hum.

I'm 3 episodes in and I think I'm calling it off. It's not nearly as suspenseful/horrifying/terrifying(however you want to describe) as its predecessor, and some of the subplots here are distracting more than supporting.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I watched the whole thing.

I think the one thing that kept trying to get me to give up was the casting of Dani Clayton. Oh my gosh, that actress was horrible. And she was the main character. UGH.

The two children were sublime, I thought, especially Flora. I think I kept watching for all the OTHER characters, and I always get a kick out of seeing Henry Thomas playing adults because he still looks like Elliott from E.T. to me. Adding on a semi-weird British accent didn't help me get rid of the Elliott image. But that's a quirk of mine that I admit.

Still, ugh on the casting of the main character, who never seemed real to me and always seemed like, "Look at me! I'm trying to act! And act! And aaaaact!"

Ugh.