Guy walks around reciting a movie hes seen many times

Tools    

Hi all
Ive been a collector of moves since VHS first came our - the problem with that is Ive seen so many that often Im bugged trying to remember a move from one scene and cannot remember anything else not even the actors which would help.

usually wiki is a great help even if it mean the steps it takes to get to the right answer - in this case im stumped and have been for ages.

I found this site at 3am here as I was going mad again trying got figure this out and hoped someone could help. Hopefully I can give back in return as Im sure ive going to find this site v cool

Im trying the name of a move I probably have... as much as I remember there is a scene

=====
a couple of guys walk into maybe a pool hall? as one shows the other around - a guy walks by them who is reciting from memory a film hes memorises as hes seen it so many times and is speaking out loud in a humorous way as he walks past them
=====

Maybe its black and white,im sure the guy would have had to seen the film he has memorised in a theatre so that maybe sets the age of the movie better.

I keep thinking its a Paul Newman film or a gangster movie or the like

its such a throwaway short scene that has stuck with me now for a LONG time

Any help would save my sanity please and thank you.

Welcome to the human race...
The only one I can think of is the movie Diner, which is in colour and takes place in the 1960s. There is a character who keeps quoting the movie Sweet Smell of Success whenever he runs into other characters, but he is definitely a background character who exists to annoy the film's actual protagonists.

freedom~empathy~peace
In the movie 'Tin Men' (1987) staring Richard Dreyfuss and Danny DeVito there's a character that keeps talking about the TV series Bonanza. It comes up a few times in the film, if I remember correctly. There are definitely some pool hall scenes too.

Here's the trailer:

@roquois

OMG THANK YOU - This has been bugging me for months now - At 3am I get up and find this site and get and answer before lunch.
just checked out my video of one of my fav movies DINER and there it is at 27:20.

Thank you so much that is amazing - this site is a lifesaver - I hope I can pay it forward here sometime