A Song For October

Tools    

NBD. But yeah since you're five hours ahead that means the hours leading right up until the deadline I'm asleep, so when it falls on a weekend like that I'll almost always miss it.
That's why the window for voting/nominating is 48 hours so everybody gets two full days in which to do so.

If I'm gonna be banned for this, for the sake of those playing can you at least please wait until the end of the month so we can finish the tournament

Wasn't complaining, just explaining. These go faster than I'd realized but that's on me. No big deal.
Yeah I know, same. And the last bit was just tryna help keep your 'tough guy' persona up for the new guys

A system of cells interlinked
NBD. But yeah since you're five hours ahead that means the hours leading right up until the deadline I'm asleep, so when it falls on a weekend like that I'll almost always miss it.
That is pretty much my MO in these tournaments; I miss the weekend rounds a lot!

2. Spoon - Lines in the Suit
- "How come I feel so washed up at such a such a tender age now" damn dude. It's interesting to me that lyrics similar to this can come off so grating and whiny in the hands of many other artists and bands, but Spoon, a band that I really haven't listened to, make it feel real and relatable.
Yeah, one of my all-time favorite bands. If you liked this (the first song of theirs I ever heard!), you should 100% check out most of their other stuff. If the size of the options is too much I can throw out some of the best ones, but they're just great, and very consistent.

That is pretty much my MO in these tournaments; I miss the weekend rounds a lot!
Quoted for truth

Yeah I know, same. And the last bit was just tryna help keep your 'tough guy' persona up for the new guys
If you tell people I'm not actually a tough guy I will beat you up.

Do tough guys still say that? Beat up?

If you tell people I'm not actually a tough guy I will beat you up.

Do tough guys still say that? Beat up?
Eh, I think common parlance is "rip your head off and sh*t in your neck" but "beat you up" is near enough and just marks you as an old-school hardman .... which obviously means you're well practised

Let the night air cool you off
1. The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
2. Brandy Clark - Stripes
3 The Radiacs - Do Bad Things
4. Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London
5. Player - Baby Come Back
6. Hooverphonic - Frosted Flake Wood
7. Savatage - Believe
8. Garth Brooks - Learning to Live Again
9. Dead Territory - 4'33"

I appreciate the 4'33" video as a bit. I don't think that Garth Brooks track is actually Garth Brooks, cause he's notorious for not allowing any of stuff out there anywhere. I prefer Hall of the Mountain King Savatage to this ballad. That Hooverphonic track is interesting at least, but I don't think I'm feeling it too much overall. "Baby Come Back" is good for they say "Baby come back". "Werewolves of London" is fine. "Do Bad Things" is the True Blood theme, which reminds me I should go back and maybe finish that show. I've heard it gets pretty bad, but this track is still good. I have a love/hate relationship with The Beatles.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
As always the show must go on though.....

1st - Dmitri Shostakovich - Cello Sonata in D minor, II. Allegro (50 pts)

Grats to jj on joining the others in the Final
Congratulations @jiraffejustin!

1) Garth Brooks - Learning to Live Again
2) Player - Baby Come Back
3) Brandy Clark - Stripes
4) Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London
5) Hooverphonic - Frosted Flake Wood
6) The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
7) The Radiacs - Do Bad Things
8) Savatage - Believe
9) Dead Territory - 4' 33'' (Death Metal Cover) (Is there supposed to be any sound in this video? I turned the volume all the way up to the max, and all I heard was mostly some static, some drums, and minor background noises.)

I don't think that Garth Brooks track is actually Garth Brooks, cause he's notorious for not allowing any of stuff out there anywhere.

I've heard that song thousands of times, and that is definitely Garth Brooks singing. There are still some links for his music out there. You just have look for them a bit harder than songs for other artists.

9) Dead Territory - 4' 33'' (Death Metal Cover) (Is there supposed to be any sound in this video? I turned the volume all the way up to the max, and all I heard was mostly some static, some drums, and minor background noises.)
No, it's a cover of John Cage's silent composition.

Player - Baby Come Back
Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London
The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
The Radiacs - Do Bad Things
Hooverphonic - Frosted Flake Wood
Savatage - Believe
Garth Brooks - Learning to Live Again
Brandy Clark - Stripes
Dead Territory - 4' 33'' (Death Metal Cover)