Question about embedding video

Tools    

up the top of the box u see a earth icon with a silver thingy down the bottom then u paste on the link
Right, but when I do that with a Dailymotion video, it just posts a clickable link and doesn't embed the video. When I do the same with a Youtube link the video itself gets attached to my post. Just wondering if there's a trick to get non-Youtube videos to do that.

u right click and click on copy link address and then press "insert link" then "paste" and see hows that work and if it doesnt work u can message "yoda" the admin or one of other moderators they will help u out

..^ here's an illustration of my question. The Youtube link is a playable video, the Dailymotion link is just that, a link.
I believe Dailymotion won't work because we can't get a clean URL for the video. We can get the URL of the page where the video is or the URL to the stream where the video is hosted, but it won't render a video. At least I don't know how. Maybe our boss man knows, @Yoda can you help?

I believe Dailymotion won't work because we can't get a clean URL for the video. We can get the URL of the page where the video is or the URL to the stream where the video is hosted, but it won't render a video. At least I don't know how. Maybe our boss man knows, @Yoda can you help?
thats what i said i told him to message yoda or other mods to help him out

Thanks. If it only works for Youtube, that's fine. Working on a thread that is going to feature a combination of both sites, so I just thought I'd keep it uniform if possible.
ur welcome we all happy to help

There’s no auto embed for Dailymotion, though perhaps I can look into it. Vimeo works along with YouTube BTW, not sure if you’re tied to DM for some reason?

There’s no auto embed for Dailymotion, though perhaps I can look into it. Vimeo works along with YouTube BTW, not sure if you’re tied to DM for some reason?
Ok thanks. Don't go to any trouble on my account. Only asked about DM because for some reason things that are blocked on YouTube are often allowed to exist on DM. I'll check Vimeo too. Thanks again

Ok thanks. Don't go to any trouble on my account. Only asked about DM because for some reason things that are blocked on YouTube are often allowed to exist on DM. I'll check Vimeo too. Thanks again
Alrighty, if you change your mind let me know. It'll definitely have to be one of those "if it's easy I'll do it, if it's not I probably can't" things, just because we get so few requests for it, but I am willing to do the "if it's easy" bit if it ends up being inconvenient for you.

Alrighty, if you change your mind let me know. It'll definitely have to be one of those "if it's easy I'll do it, if it's not I probably can't" things, just because we get so few requests for it, but I am willing to do the "if it's easy" bit if it ends up being inconvenient for you.
Thanks. If you haven't guessed this is about my cartoon thread. I've got all my links saved on a spreadsheet so I was more concerned about the inconvenience for the reader of my thread rather than for me. For some reason Warner Bros cartoons are removed from Youtube but not Dailymotion, so crowd-pleasers like Bugs Bunny will have to be viewed offsite. But I will no doubt be the only one looking at the thread once October ends, so it's not worth any undue effort on your part.