Did Twilight kill the vampire movie?

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Is it a comeback for vampires - Vampires VS The Bronx - On Netflix, a comedy/horror flick, completely likable. Gentrifiers are arriving along with real estate agents and vampires, and whose blood will they suck? Will the neighborhood ever be safe again? Find out here. It could breathe life after death into the genre.

Unsure, on one hand looks good, but nervous at the same time due to it being modern SNL writers

Is it a comeback for vampires - Vampires VS The Bronx - On Netflix, a comedy/horror flick, completely likable. Gentrifiers are arriving along with real estate agents and vampires, and whose blood will they suck? Will the neighborhood ever be safe again? Find out here. It could breathe life after death into the genre.

Sounds like a fun mix of People Under the Stairs and Attack the Block.

Unsure, on one hand looks good, but nervous at the same time due to it being modern SNL writers
It's easily worth 90 minutes. Performances are good enough that you won't think about who wrote it.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well there have been so many vampire movies, hasn't it gotten kind of old by now, and that's what killed it? Even when Twlight came out, the genre was kind of dead already, wasn't it?

Let the Right One In begs to differ. It's (in my opinion) the best vampire movie ever made.
Indeed, that one is actually great. I would guess Interview with a Vampire, let the Right one In and the OVA series Hellsing are the most memorable vampire themed media I have watched.

Well there have been so many vampire movies, hasn't it gotten kind of old by now, and that's what killed it? Even when Twlight came out, the genre was kind of dead already, wasn't it?
Of course vampires are dead. I did think that Twilight had been the stake in the heart to that genre, but sometimes it's hard to keep a corpse in the ground. I would have had no interest in Vampires VS The Bronx, except that I did have a recommendation from a trustworthy person and I felt like spending a couple hours in NYC and, being on Netflix, I didn't have to pay for a train ticket.

The trick is not minding
It bears reminding that while Twilight was not a critical darling, it did make quite a bit of money in the box office. Vampires aren't dead, and aren't going anywhere.

I never watched the movies, but I am a professional librarian, so I took a look at the books. Those stories imho were the worst kind of romance stories I have ever come across. I think vampire stories will survive. It will just take some one with more talent and imagination to make it work.

I never watched the movies, but I am a professional librarian, so I took a look at the books. Those stories imho were the worst kind of romance stories I have ever come across. I think vampire stories will survive. It will just take some one with more talent and imagination to make it work.
I also have never seen a Twilight movie (or read the books).

I read "Dracula the Un-dead" published in 2009.
It was a sequel to Bram Stoker's Dracula, and was written by some descendant of his (Dacre Stoker) and some other writer named Ian Holt (my guess is Holt probably wrote it and they just stuck a Stoker's name on it for publicity purposes).

It got mixed reviews. I thought it was decent - nothing to post at-length about (but I'm doing it anyway) - but okay.

It was interesting in that the story had a little literary crossover in it as there were mentions & subplots involving Jack the Ripper and Lady Bathory.

Dracula seemed much more an anti-hero in this sequel and, I don't know if anyone else gathered this, but I got the feeling that his past life as Vlad Tepes (the Impaler - who was and still is regarded as a hero in his homeland of Wallachia for driving back Islamic hordes) may have led the author to view him a bit differently in a post-911 world?

Nope. I like that Kristen Stewart classic

I don't care much for the Twilight films. What I find most interesting about them though technically isn't even related to the quality of the films, but on how much Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have grown since the franchise ended. I loved Stewart in Personal Shopper and I loved Pattinson in The Lighthouse (even though it could be argued that Dafoe outacts him) and, especially, Good Time. I like to think that any actor can make a comeback and both Stewart and Pattinson serve as fine examples of that, I'd say. Looking forward to see how well they fare in the future.

What I find most interesting about them though technically isn't even related to the quality of the films, but on how much Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have grown since the franchise ended.
Agreed. They both seem to lean toward weird/interesting films (especially Pattinson), and it makes you wonder a little how much that's what they always wanted to do, or if it's almost a reaction of pushing away from the mainstream stuff.

Martin is my favorite vampire movie, period.
Never heard of it.

I don't remember if there was ever a discussion about the Dracula miniseries on Netflix but I found it to be genuinely amusing and it actually managed to bring some fresh elements to the Dracula/vampire thing. Their aversion to mirrors was one example that I remember. Discussing some of my favorite bits would necessarily spoil some plot reveals so I'll just leave it at that for now.

Never watched Sherlock but if it's anything like this I'm definitely interested.

I don't remember if there was ever a discussion about the Dracula miniseries on Netflix but I found it to be genuinely amusing and it actually managed to bring some fresh elements to the Dracula/vampire thing. Their aversion to mirrors was one example that I remember. Discussing some of my favorite bits would necessarily spoil some plot reveals so I'll just leave it at that for now.
I remember reading a pretty positive review of the new Dracula . . . and then promptly forgetting its existence. Guess it's the perfect month to add it to my watchlist.

I remember reading a pretty positive review of the new Dracula . . . and then promptly forgetting its existence. Guess it's the perfect month to add it to my watchlist.
I almost abandoned it immediately. It opens with the standard Harker-visits-the-Castle/ "Children of the night"- opening which led me to ponder how many versions of this have I seen and how many more do I need to see. But there were enough little twists thrown in the first episode that I got hooked and by the end I'd thoroughly enjoyed myself. There's only 3 installments if memory serves.

Uh-oh... Another "Captain" on the board.
When I first joined, Captain Spaulding had a little issue about more than one Captain (what say you now, Spaulding?)

Welcome aboard, Cap!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
hum....
nope. not enough syllables. doesn't really fit the melody.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear