Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Wake in Fright made me wanna take a shower afterwards Great movie

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Nocturne (Zu Quirke, 2020)
5/10
Dolly Parton: Here I Am (Francis Whately, 2019)
6.5/10
Do Not Reply (Woltosz Bros., 2020)
5/10
Canadian Strain (Geordie Sabbagh, 2019)
5.5/10

Canadian cannabis dealer Jess Salgueiro finds her business and whole life go to pot when the country legalizes marijuana.
Ossos (Pedro Costa, 1997)
5/10
The Royal Road (Jenni Olson, 2015)
- 6.5/10
O Fantasma (João Pedro Rodrigues, 2000)
5/10
She's in Portland (Marc Carlini, 2020)
6/10

Buddies Tommy Dewey and François Arnaud go on a road trip up the California coast and learn about finding and keeping relationships.
The Binding (Domenico Emanuele de Feudis, 2020)
5/10
Five Fingers for Marseilles (Michael Matthews, 2018)
5.5/10
Revenge (Coenie Dippenaar, 1986)
5/10
Mary Goes Round (Molly McGlynn, 2016)
6.5/10

Substance abuse counsellor Aya Cash has a major drinking problem and returns to her home to find her dad and half-sister with problems of their own.
The Cleansing Hour (Damien LeVeck, 2019)
+ 5/10
Those Who Deserve to Die (Bret Wood, 2019)
+ 4.5/10
Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (Gordon Flemyng, 1966)
+ 5/10
Moose (Logan Dellinger, 2015)
6/10

An extraordiarily-evil Moose is killing people in Gangrene Gulch, Alaska, according to the sock puppet coroner.
The Stranger (Lee H. Katzin,1973)
5/10
Om Dar-B-Dar (Kamal Swaroop,1988)
6/10
She (Robert Day, 1965)
5/10
Vampires vs. the Bronx (Oz Rodriguez, 2020)
6/10

How come most vampires have never seen The Lost Boys?

There are several good MacBeth adaptations floating around, but this one is tops for me.
Oh definitely. Last year I saw the 2015 Macbeth, which was good, but Kurosawa is in a whole 'nother level.

What a terrible story. How could a human being do such a thing?
People do horrible things for a variety of reasons. This guy is pure evil and it's a case that has stayed with me.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Never Hike In The Snow (2020):
Well made fan film that fits right in the Friday The 13th Franchise, watched it live as it aired.
9/10

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (Gordon Flemyng, 1966)
+ 5/10

I watched Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. on TCM last night, and it was only okay, (about 2 to 2-1/2 popcorn boxes is pretty accurate IMO), but I thought it was still a little bit better than the Dr. Who movie that aired just before it. (I think it was called Dr. Who and the Daleks.)

I've only seen a few episodes of the TV show "Dr. Who", so I can't really compare the movies to the TV show, but the movies seemed kind of childish compared to the few TV episodes that I've seen.

The Kid Who Would Be King- 7/10
it is not, in that sense, everything that it could have been, but it is fun tho.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Brad Bird, 2011)

A big step up from the last film, Bird handles the direction with assured confidence that gives the film its own unique style which feels very cohesive and makes for an enjoyable and thrilling experience. There's a synthesis between the performances (mainly Cruise and his sunts), the cinematography from Elswit and the editing. It all works together, with a slightly more humourous script too.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (Christopher McQuarrie, 2015)

McQuarrie carries on the good work from the last film and gives us plenty more of the good stuff. The action sequences in this film are for me the best of the series. Watching all six films in a row makes you realise just how laughable some of the plots are, especially when the same story is almost recycled six times, but when it's all filmed so well you don't really mind. The introduction of Rebecca Ferguson really helps in taking the film up a notch too, the balance feels spot on here with a mixture of characters old and new.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Christopher McQuarrie, 2018)

Another very strong film with many of the same strong qualities as the last film. My minor complaints would be that it does seem slightly overlong, and the attempts to bring some sort of emotional core with the reintroduction of his wife into the story is really, really weak.

The Godfather: Part III (Francis Ford Coppola, 1990)

I love the first two films but had put this off for ages and now I kind of wish I had never watched it. I knew it wasn't meant to be as strong as the first two but I was really disappointed by it. Almost everything about it seems off. Sofia Coppola gets a lot of stick and her performance is weak but the problems are much larger than that. I'd go as far as saying that the film is full of poor performances with the exception of Andy Garcia. Even Pacino isn't enjoyable on screen, and the script completely butchers his character. George Hamilton's casting is strange, the dialogue is so exposition-heavy, the plot is just the first film recycled with a bit of the second thrown in. It's as if a teenager watched the first two and had a go at writing a third. Some of the scenes and shots are really bizarre, the stroke, the shootout with the old man grabbing the coat. The editing of the film feels poor, some scenes (especially in the first half) move at a lightning pace which is really uncomfortable when coupled with the poor line delivery from everyone, then the second half of the film drags on forever.

Unregistered User

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)

No doubt, one of the best (anti) war films ever. Shame on me for not having watched it sooner. Actually frightening that this is 90 years old, so realistic.