Jiu-Jitsu (2020) - Alain Moussi, Nicolas Cage, Tony Jaa

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Production has just begun on this martial arts/sci-fi hybrid film in Cyprus. Co-written and directed by Dimitri Logothetis, the film stars Alain Moussi as Jake Barnes, a former war veteran and Jiu-Jitsu expert who fights in a tournament against alien fighters for humanity when he is beaten so bad by alien Brax that he loses his memory. Rescued by a team of fellow human fighter, Jake must regain his memory before the next tournament is to be held.

Based on a graphic novel, the film also stars Nicolas Cage, Tony Jaa, Frank Grillo, Marie Avgeropoulos, Rick Yune, Juju Chan, Randy Couture, and stuntman/actor Ryan Tarran as Brax.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-jitsu-1216441

Looks really bad and a total waste of time and film. I'm not surprised to see Nicolas Cage is in it. That guy has taken a dump on his acting career.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Well, the official cast was revealed and shooting has begun last week in Cyprus:

Alain Moussi as Jake Barnes
Nicolas Cage as Wylie
Tony Jaa as Keung
Juju Chan as Carmen
Frank Grillo as Harrigan
Rick Yune as Captain Sand
Randy Couture as Bonner
Dan Rizzuto as Franz
Ryan Tarran as Brax (the villain of the film)
Marie Avgeropoulos in an undisclosed role.
Marrese Crump (The Protector 2) in an undisclosed role.
Rigan Machado in an undisclosed role.

Photos from press conference:

The film is finally coming out on November 20. It looks like a fun popcorn Predator meets martial arts kind of film. At least they actually have someone who can fight as the villain and not a strongman beefy guy like in Kickboxer: Retaliation.