What Non-English Languages Do You Watch The Most Movies From?

Tools    

I have seen films of other languages but not many. I would love to check out more.

Dutch
Hungarian
Polish
Russian
Macedonian
Albanian
Swiss
Romanian
Icelandic

Hindi movies---Bollywood .

Marathi movies---local/regional language which is my mother tongue.

English movies---Hollywood .

Di je Karlo?
1) Croatian
2) Russian
3) Czech

The first one came about due to the attempt to put together a top 10 ex-yu movies list, the other two were out of genuine quality. If I could find more subtitles for czech films it'd probably go number 1

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Russian, definitely.
Any recommendations? (I have my Top 10 listed).. I tend to like conversational movies - don't need movement; don't care about cinematography much, either.... Dramas.

Any recommendations? (I have my Top 10 listed).. I tend to like conversational movies - don't need movement; don't care about cinematography much, either.... Dramas.
I have some Russian drama recommendations, maybe you've already seen them?

The Cranes Are Flying (Mikhail Kalatozov 1957)
Ballad of a Soldier (Grigory Chukhray 1959)
My Friend Ivan Lapshin (Aleksei German 1985)

I have some Russian drama recommendations, maybe you've already seen them?

Thanks! I haven't seen the last one, but it's on YouTube. A movie about the Stalin purges seem interesting, especially because it was made in Russia.

The Cranes Are Flying (Mikhail Kalatozov 1957) - 10/10
Ballad of a Soldier (Grigory Chukhray 1959) - 8/10

My Friend Ivan Lapshin (Aleksei German 1985)

Battleship Potemkin (1925).
(Sergey Bondarchuk's) War and Peace (1966)
Night Watch (2004) & Day Watch (2006)

These are my Russian favorites for various different reasons. Let me know if you enjoy any of them.

Battleship Potemkin (1925).
(Sergey Bondarchuk's) War and Peace (1966)
Night Watch (2004) & Day Watch (2006)

These are my Russian favorites for various different reasons. Let me know if you enjoy any of them.
I saw Potemkin years ago, but will try to check out the other three. I wonder if Concast has them.. Thanks!

Really cant put a number on it. Probably South Korean at least over the last decade. Its a mixed bag for me. Before that it was probably French/German.

I saw Potemkin years ago, but will try to check out the other three. I wonder if Concast has them.. Thanks!

Be prepared for a sit down for War and Peace; it clocks in at about eight hours. It was (I think) the first movie divided into parts like The Lord of The Rings was later.

Night Watch and Day Watch are amazing. They are best if you can watch them back to back and you have to make sure that you watch Night Watch first. If you watch Day Watch first (like I did the first time not knowing about Night Watch), then you will be soooooo lost.

Mostly 1940s onwards for Japanese and French and 1990s onwards for Korean, although I really need to see The Housemaid (1960)
Oh ok.. I don't think I've seen any older Korean movies (would like to see movies from every country). I'll add "the Housemaid" to my list. Thanks!

Mostly 1940s onwards for Japanese and French and 1990s onwards for Korean, although I really need to see The Housemaid (1960)
Oh ok.. I don't think I've seen any older Korean movies (would like to see movies from every country). I'll add "the Housemaid" to my list. Thanks!
It's not the same link as the one I watched back in 2016 but there's a criterion copy of the 1960 The Housemaid on the Tube of You if interested.