The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Yoda, Are TV movies eligible, or does it have to be a theatrical release? What if it's a TV movie that was later released to the theaters?

@Yoda, Are TV movies eligible, or does it have to be a theatrical release? What if it's a TV movie that was later released to the theaters?

@TheUsualSuspect, I posted this question @Yoda five days ago, but I still haven't gotten an answer. Do you know if TV movies are eligible for this list?

Sorry about that, meant to reply earlier.

I'm going to say yes, tentatively, since the list itself is already so broad. But it might be good to go case-by-case formally. If the only issue is they were on TV rather than in theaters, that's fine. If there's also some additional complication (like they were aired separately over several nights, totaling 6-8 hours or what have you), that might be another matter, since things like those in the parenthetical mean they really might not be movies in the way we think of them, if that makes sense.

Sorry about that, meant to reply earlier.

I'm going to say yes, tentatively, since the list itself is already so broad. But it might be good to go case-by-case formally. If the only issue is they were on TV rather than in theaters, that's fine. If there's also some additional complication (like they were aired separately over several nights, totaling 6-8 hours or what have you), that might be another matter, since things like those in the parenthetical mean they really might not be movies in the way we think of them, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, you're saying that a normal 2-hour TV movie is eligible, but a longer mini-series is not eligible. Is this correct?

If it helps, the TV movie that I'm considering is Brian's Song (1971), so based on your explanation, it should be eligible.

Yeah, I think case-by-case might be necessary, but as a general rule, I think that's how I'd summarize it: movies that just happen to be on TV are fair, but if they do something that they could only do in the medium of TV, like a mini-series, then that would be excluded.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I think case-by-case might be necessary, but as a general rule, I think that's how I'd summarize it: movies that just happen to be on TV are fair, but if they do something that they could only do in the medium of TV, like a mini-series, then that would be excluded.
Well, there goes Lonesome Dove, which was my overall #1. 🤨
*tosses list into trash can*

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Jesus, Paul Blart is making a killing. I honestly can't believe someone like @Holden Pike had it so high on his list.

Suspect's Reviews

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I had a handwritten list of 25 ready to go, just needed to place them in ranking and I was ready to go --- now, I can't find the freakin list!!

back into the breach. . .

I had a handwritten list of 25 ready to go, just needed to place them in ranking and I was ready to go --- now, I can't find the freakin list!!

back into the breach. . .

Wow, that's a shame. Good luck finding it.

Handwritten??? I can't remember the last time that I actually wrote anything down. I do everything on my computer so I can save it, and I have an auto-backup to a USB drive every time I update a file.

I even have a list app on my phone for my shopping list.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Wow, that's a shame. Good luck finding it.

Handwritten??? I can't remember the last time that I actually wrote anything down. I do everything on my computer so I can save it, and I have an auto-backup to a USB drive every time I update a file.

I even have a list app on my phone for my shopping list.
Hand writing IS becoming an outdated mode isn't it? lol
Maybe that's why I do it and I do enjoy writing by hand now and again. My handwriting is actually pretty good and I have my own style of flourish when signing off on a Greeting Card or something on the more poetic of thoughts.
I scribble notes at work when on the phone before typing them into calls and dispatch them so that I get it right and our shopping lists still remain in a smaller sized notebook. Pen sitting in the metal spirals. It always feels good crossing something off with a pen. Gives it a more definitive "DONE" to it.

Though typing is the way to go for anything more in depth or long winded since I could never write as fast as the thoughts come and typing keeps up the pace nicely. Sometimes faster and I actually have to stop and let the words catch up.

Hand writing IS becoming an outdated mode isn't it? lol
Maybe that's why I do it and I do enjoy writing by hand now and again. My handwriting is actually pretty good and I have my own style of flourish when signing off on a Greeting Card or something on the more poetic of thoughts.
My handwriting was pretty good when I was younger, but it's been getting worse as I get older. It also didn't help that my finger never healed properly after an air hockey accident a few years ago. I can't bend my finger all the way, so it makes it hard to grip a pen or pencil.

I scribble notes at work when on the phone before typing them into calls and dispatch them so that I get it right and our shopping lists still remain in a smaller sized notebook. Pen sitting in the metal spirals. It always feels good crossing something off with a pen. Gives it a more definitive "DONE" to it.
I use Notepad in Windows on my computer for keeping notes, and a have a free app on my phone called "ColorNote" that I use for shopping lists. All I have to do is click on the item in the list to cross it off.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Will try to sort my list out first 2 weeks Nov. I'm off work then.