Did Twilight kill the vampire movie?

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
I did a marathon of the Underworld films, and this question popped into my mind. Did Twilight kill the vampire movie? This film came out just after probably my favorite vampire film, 30 Days of Night, and I feel after that, their weren't many good vampire films, besides maybe Underworld Rise of the Lycans, Underworld Blood Wars, What We Do in The Shadows, and Dracula Untold. What do you think?

The Lost Boys, Interview With The Vampire and Bram Stoker's Dracula killed vampire movies back in the 1980s and early 90s... because they were so well made.
Nothing's been able to come close to them.

The Lost Boys, Interview With The Vampire and Bram Stoker's Dracula killed vampire movies back in the 1980s and early 90s... because they were so well made.
that is sooo true i agree

Very true, as Walt Disney famously said, "You can't top pigs with pigs."

I've literally just checked out every vampire movie made since those 3 ^^

Stake Land and 30 Days Of Night are underrated, half-decent attempts at reviving the genre... but they're still not close enough.

Stake Land and 30 Days Of Night are underrated, half-decent attempts at reviving the genre... but they're still not close enough.
What about Blade? The 1st two were really good

Not a fan of Blade.
It was fun when it first came out but on rewatch they've not aged well at all.
Disagree, but everyone has their own opinion.

I don't think there's ever been more than a few good vampire flicks and at the point a bunch of them get overexposed, the genre turns into self-parody. The Twilight movies seemed to move the genre tag into "The only good teen is a dead teen".

I don't think there's ever been more than a few good vampire flicks and at the point a bunch of them get overexposed, the genre turns into self-parody. The Twilight movies seemed to move the genre tag into "The only good teen is a dead teen".
Each decade has a vampire film that is considered a classic.

Each decade has a vampire film that is considered a classic.
Yeah, every 10 years sounds about right. It takes about that long for someone to come up with something that makes an interesting twist, somewhat like westerns, which were similarly used up a long time ago.

If I were in more of a mood to study this, I'd posit a theory that vampire movies run in cycles where there's a good one now and again then then the genre goes into decline until the next good one. In those down years (maybe years 8 or 9), we end up with movies like Scooby Doo and the Legend of the Vampire or Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter (real movies by the way), and then the genre rises from its grave again, feasting on the blood money of ticket purchases of the innocent.

My most recent favorite was 12 years ago, Let the Right One In, so it's time now. It's English language twin, Let Me In was also quite good.

Let the Right One In begs to differ. It's (in my opinion) the best vampire movie ever made.

Best Vampire movie for me (and it even has werewolves).

Came two years after the last Twilight flick.
Underrated film, I found it at random on Netflix, comedy gold.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Best Vampire movie for me (and it even has werewolves).

Came two years after the last Twilight flick.
FX has a whole series that started in March 2019. Also very fun, very dry humor. Only two seasons so far, though, so I'm semi-patiently waiting for more episodes. (It's been renewed for a third season.)

Besides the excellent What We Do in the Shadows most of the Vampire stuff went to tv land. The Originals and TrueBlood had some pretty good seasons.

Besides the excellent What We Do in the Shadows most of the Vampire stuff went to tv land. The Originals and TrueBlood had some pretty good seasons.
What do you think was the last good vampire film?