A Song For October

Tools    

ah well then don't pick my votes at the end. I won't vote my picks
Completely up to you but everybody else does and plenty of people don't automatically vote their own song as #1 in their ranking which is why I can't just assume where anyone would rank their own song.

Completely up to you but everybody else does and plenty of people don't automatically vote their own song as #1 in their ranking which is why I can't just assume where anyone would rank their own song.
ah then I put my own picks at last position.

ah then I put my own picks at last position.
Ok, I'll add in your votes for R1 in the spreadsheet with your own song in 13th on your ballot - please do include your own song in your rankings for future rounds for purposes of transparency though and don't feel you have to place them last in all future rounds should you have a change of heart with regards voting for your own songs.

1. Fleetwood Mac
2. Dusty Springfield
3. O Children
4. Joe Cocker
5. Christine and the Queens
6. Toto
7. John Anderson
8. Aseul
9. Toconoma
10. Girlschool
11. Real Life
12. The Mooney Suzuki
13. Panzerfaust

The Mooney Suzuki - Alive & Amplified
Toto - Rosanna
O. Children - Ruins
Aseul - Fisher
Joe Cocker - Edge Of A Dream
Doesn't Matter - Christine and the Queens
Girlschool - Race with the Devil
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Real Life - Send me an Angel
PANZERFAUST - The Faustian Pact
toconoma - relive
John Anderson - Seminole Wind § (alt vsn if needed)
Dusty Springfield - Spooky

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) Dusty Springfield - Spooky
2) John Anderson - Seminole Wind
3) Joe Cocker - Edge Of A Dream
4) Toto - Rosanna
5) Doesn't Matter - Christine and the Queens
6) Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
7) Real Life - Send me an Angel
8) toconoma - relive
9) Aseul - Fisher
10) O. Children - Ruins
11) Girlschool - Race with the Devil
12) The Mooney Suzuki - Alive & Amplified
13) PANZERFAUST - The Faustian Pact

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Will rank after work this evening.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
1 Toto - Rosanna - Putting this is first to fly in the face of the Toto haters. Sure, they bring the cheese, but when you round up all the band members, including their work with other projects, they have over 200 Grammy nominations. Also, this song is great.

2 Real Life - Send me an Angel - Excellent 80s synth pop.

3 Dusty Springfield - Spooky - Can't rank this any lower. Great stuff.

4 O. Children - Ruins - Above average goth track. I like it!

5 Fleetwood Mac - The Chain - Classic, but a bit overplayed at this point.

6 Aseul - Fisher - Reminds me of old-skool Orbital, which reminds me of my rave days, which reminds me of simpler, care-free times.

7 PANZERFAUST - The Faustian Pact - Some nasty riffs in this tune, but I ike the vocal in the verses, but the song is a bit too noisy and chaotic for my taste. Still good, though.

8 Doesn't Matter - Christine and the Queens - This is a good round, as even this far down the list, I still like this song quite a bit.

9 Girlschool - Race with the Devil - Rockin tune!

10 The Mooney Suzuki - Alive & Amplified - Cool, if really derivative, song. Still, it's one of those 90s bands that was acting like they were a 70s band. Kind of gimmicky.

11 Toconoma - Relive - Kind of fun, but I wasn't feeling it.

12 John Anderson - Seminole Wind - I just can't get around the twangy sounds of some country, and this is definitely one of those songs. Can't do it.

13 Joe Cocker - Edge Of A Dream - But I would still rather listen to the above country song than this, which is straight up elevator music to me. Sorry! I like other Cocker songs, but not this one.

Oh, we rank our own, too? I guess I can see that, though I'm pretty likely to rank my own really highly since I expect I'll usually be picking songs I already love. Maybe I'll mix it up with some weirder ones I don't love as much, then. Anyway!

1. The Chain
  2. Doesn't Matter
  3. Seminole Wind
  4. Spooky
  5. Ruins
  6. relive
  7. Send Me An Angel '89
  8. Alive & Amplified
  9. Edge of a Dream
  10. Rosanna
  11. Race with the Devil
  12. The Faustian Pact
  13. Fisher

A little too distracted to do write-ups on each but maybe next time. I really liked "Seminole Wind" though, the strings in that are great. And I agree, this was great, I can't imagine it's normal that even the ones towards the bottom of the list would be enjoyable.

you beat me to it HK. I considered proposing this hilarious song too xD

Oh, we rank our own, too? I guess I can see that, though I'm pretty likely to rank my own really highly since I expect I'll usually be picking songs I already love. Maybe I'll mix it up with some weirder ones I don't love as much, then.
Nominate whatever you fancy as long as it's under ten minutes long. It's nice that there's usually a variety of tastes involved in these so 'weirder' stuff can sometimes do quite well.

P.s. Don't forget the voting and nomination windows run concurrently so if you want to have a song in Round 2 you'll need to put one forward within the next 14 1/2 hours or so

Let the night air cool you off
1. John Anderson - Seminole Wind

2. Girlschool - Race with the Devil
- Never heard of these girls before, but I'm all the way in.

3. The Mooney Suzuki - Alive & Amplified
- This song was in some video game I used to play a long time ago, I just don't remember which one. It's a fun time.

4. Doesn't Matter - Christine and the Queens
- so this is what Yoda listens to.

5. Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
- I've never been able to get into Fleetwood Mac for whatever reason. I should try listening to Rumours again.

6. PANZERFAUST - The Faustian Pact
- Sometimes a problem with this type of music and vocals is that the music is so good that when they start doing their vocal stuff, it feels unnecessary. I'm still not sold on this style of vocals, so I was totally down to let that music ride before the fella piped in. It's also hilarious to read the lyrics, because they always say some silly stuff like "In a world of sin, of sh*t". I love the music, but do all these fellas have to be total edgelords?

7. Dusty Springfield - Spooky
- The lyrics seem kinda dumb, but I'm digging the vibe.

8. O. Children - Ruins
- This song reminds me of the "we have it at home meme". This is the we have Joy Division at home.

9. Aseul - Fisher
- Probably not for me, but pretty good for something not for me.

10. toconoma - relive
- Way too long. It has its moments, but I spent most of the time wanting it to end.

11. Toto - Rosanna
- Times were different.

12. Real Life - Send me an Angel
- Times were different.

13. Joe Cocker - Edge of a Dream
- Not big on Joe Cocker