What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Pre-ordered this from Amazon because it's one of my top five favorite movies on UHD with some brand new extras.
Nice cover.
My nephew is not an anime fan. I think it's more a clique thing at school though, being a rural south kind of thing. I'm not sure he's ever seen anything except for Dragon Ball Z type stuff or whatever plays now on cartoon stations. I'm kinda surprised he's not into that one though. I've been tempted to make him watch Akira, but it still may be too early for him to take that on. He's good with adult content and violence, just I mean length and animation style. It does have an 80s feel to it and I think that may throw him off not being a fan to begin with. I thought maybe Samurai Champloo, or at least a few select episodes. I'm not sure he would sit through a full length movie ...yet. Unless it was just out of this world, from his perspective. Poor kid. I was watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind younger than he is now! What's this kid's problem!?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Donnie Darko - was 50 cents so I had to buy it, I hadn't seen it in years so it was a no brainer.

Jaws 2
Jaws 3D
Friday the 13th
John Carpenter's The Thing
Alien
The Shining

All on VHS
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I went to a community yard sale this weekend. There were 130 houses participating, and I bought a bunch of DVDs. I bought all the DVDs in this picture, and it only cost me $8 for all of them. (I also bought the DVD rack that they're on for only $3. )

I haven't watched any yet, but that truck with the Amazon logo came by and dropped off a Film Noir collection, including 15 movies starring luminaries like Bogart, John Garfield, Peter Lorre and Edward G Robinson. I guess I have some late night activities planned.

I went to a community yard sale this weekend. There were 130 houses participating, and I bought a bunch of DVDs. I bought all the DVDs in this picture, and it only cost me $8 for all of them. (I also bought the DVD rack that they're on for only $3. )
Terrific. I see you have Me Before You. Very good book, but stupid movie. At least I thought so.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Terrific. I see you have Me Before You. Very good book, but stupid movie. At least I thought so.

Me Before You was on my watchlist for the Directed by Women countdown, but I don't think I got around to watching it. Hopefully I'll like it more than you did.

I saw over on reddit the Friday the 13th Blu-ray Collection came out... don't get me wrong, I'm probably going to get it... but honestly I've been sniping those films via eBay to get the set on a VHS transfer. Those films just do so much better on a VHS than a DVD or Blu-ray... 80's/90's films look better in 80's/90's quality stock.

Me Before You was on my watchlist for the Directed by Women countdown, but I don't think I got around to watching it. Hopefully I'll like it more than you did.
I loved Emilia Clarke in GOT, but she was horrible in this movie.

Bruce Lee: His Greatest Hits

... and at the moment, I'm collecting all the Friday the 13th series on VHS tapes... but I'm finding that it's costing me... "an arm and a leg." Get it? See what I did there? Happy Halloween all, that pun was for you!

I've never seen "Game of Thrones", and I looked her up on IMDB, and I don't think I've seen her in anything else.
She was HUGE on GOT. Talented & beautiful. I’ve seen her in one or two things: nothing worth mentioning.

I spent a little more than I should have on the director's cut of Richard Stanley's Dust Devil. There is an under 90-minute cut of the movie on Amazon Prime, but the director claimed he had nothing to do with it, so I want nothing to do with it as well. That's how much of a movie geek I've become.

Scary Movie 5

keep The Dark Crystal , dont ever sell it its one of amazing 80s movies

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
keep The Dark Crystal , dont ever sell it its one of amazing 80s movies
Agreed, Jim Henson's masterpiece.