MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Sheshhh I have zero TDs so far, what a stank week.

The best D in the league = whoever is playing the Jets.

I had a great week but it came at a high cost. Russell Gage in my Flex got a concussion and Chris Godwin got a hamstring strain. My week 4 matchup against Holden isnt looking good.
Worry not. Chris Carson may be out for me, which will officially kill my already dying team. I won't be able to break sixty points with any regularity.

I am glad you guys let me in but fourteen teams is too many. There is nobody left unclaimed to pick up off the waiver wire when your guys get injured.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am glad you guys let me in but fourteen teams is too many. There is nobody left unclaimed to pick up off the waiver wire when your guys get injured.

Maybe a trade could be in order.

The trick is not minding
Worry not. Chris Carson may be out for me, which will officially kill my already dying team. I won't be able to break sixty points with any regularity.

I’m going to agree here, but I haven’t experienced the rash of injuries that Holden has. Although I am without Mostert for some time.
I didn’t draft well, particularly at WR. And I’m scrambling trying to find a decent WR and a RB replacement for Mostert but finding none really.
Oh well. Going to have to grit it out and make a run.....starting now!

It’s definitely tough. I think 10 team leagues have the opposite problem, though. 12 works pretty well but not as well for schedule and playoff stuff.

Anyway, it can be tough to find people mid season, though stuff always comes up, but it mostly means a big part of the team management is figuring out who to stash week by week.

This is an especially bad year for injuries, and waivers thinner than our 14 team usual. I have 0 depth on my bench and all of us are gonna be using our waivers for a roulette chance for a fill in.

I like it lol! The harder it gets I find it more challenging, though I wish I had even a little depth to trade some. I miss trading.

A system of cells interlinked
Well ****... Yesterday was a crazy day, and I just missed doing my roster check in time to change out Brown, who ended up not playing. Not that it mattered, as the guy that would have replaced him only put up 8 points, and I ended up losing another WR in the second half of his game, after he put up a big donut in the first half. About half my team is out at this point. Not my year in the MoFo league!

Of course, in my other leagues, I am putting up totals like 165.61 and 152.57...

Maybe a trade could be in order.
Those of us already devastated by injuries have nothing of value to trade. We could trade with each other but that is just rearranging deck chairs on a pair of Titanics. For those of you whose teams are healthy and chugging along you don't need anything, even if our one remaining healthy player is attractive to you. We aren't looking for a flex player to round out our roster or cover our stars in BYE weeks, I for one need to replace my top draft pick, my fourth draft pick, and potentially my second draft pick if Carson is out for any significant time. The only piece of value I have is Dak Prescott. So for me to trade Dak away it has to be somebody willing to part with their top RB to replace their inconsistent QB. I have looked at the rosters. That trade does not exist. Not until or unless a couple of the star QBs go down and out.

In our league you can't really hawk anybody off of the waiver wire like you can in my other league, which is 10 teams. I'll watch one of those fantasy shows on the NFL Network and invariably anyone they say, 'Hey, this guy is only rostered in 14% of the leagues, he's a good one to ride for the next couple weeks', he's already rostered in OUR league. Taking the sixth string San Francisco RB who was on the practice squad but now is technically wearing a uniform on the sideline but is going to get two carries a game until the stars return doesn't get you ****.

Oh, well. If the injuries continue at this clip across the league you will all eventually feel the kind of pain we are dealing with, and then we will all be topping out at 75 points a game and will all limp through the season. Until then there are going to be some completely uncompetitive mismatches. Nothing approaching parity. The haves and the dead. It's going to be The Los Angeles Dodgers against the sixth-best high school team in your county.

I'll wager there'll be more parity than that (and plenty of solid waiver fodder, since there ends up being opportunities every year).

But yeah, losing your top two draft picks, at the same position, isn't something someone's normally gonna come back from under most circumstances. It's a really tough draw.

I suppose your best option is to try to get two startable guys for Prescott.

In that case I feel better to just ride Dak with his ceiling of 30+ points rather than to trade him for two guys who maybe get me in the teens each for a week.

But if somebody wants to make me an offer, please do.

The trick is not minding
My curse I mentioned earlier is starting to take its toll. The top performers should be wary.
Yoda. PW. You’re next. Nothing will prevent me from ascending to my rightful position atop the standings.
My 0-2 start was just a smokescreen.

Well, speak no sooner, Tarik Cohen's done for the year. By no means a stud, but he was a 7th rounder and the very first clear non-starter I took, and I thought he'd be pretty usable in the flex this year.

I expect there'll be more.

As a Steelers fan I despise the Ravens and the Chiefs, but damn this looks to be a good game to watch as a football fan.

At least someone has to lose - or tie, they can't both win tho...

The trick is not minding
My worst fear is coming true. Third week in a row I have been torched at the QB position.
This week it was my own fault. I should have had more faith that Brees would rebound against the Packers.
Dammit......