MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
So is the scoring. I still can't believe what kinda stuff gets ruled a hit when I'm actually watching games. Hard grounder to third, tough play, off the guy's glove, "double." And yeah, often the difference between QS or not, which is particularly huge this year.
I am thinking maybe Yahoo had set the ER at 5 instead of 4, and now it is correct and still not a QS.

Do you guys ever go back into the yahoo league history pages? I know chris does. Do you guys realize that except for one teeny tiny insignificant year, one person has either won this thing or finished no lower than 2nd place since this league began? He's technically in 2nd place right now. I have a theory mike. We better stay tied, cuz if one of us falls we pretty damn sure gonna fall all the way to third! It's pucker time!

Do you guys ever go back into the yahoo league history pages? I know chris does. Do you guys realize that except for one teeny tiny insignificant year, one person has either won this thing or finished no lower than 2nd place since this league began? He's technically in 2nd place right now. I have a theory mike. We better stay tied, cuz if one of us falls we pretty damn sure gonna fall all the way to third! It's pucker time!
Sadly, Lem made a crucial error yesterday, pulling McCullers out at the last minute. Lem wanted me to tell you guys it was him, as he is quite ashamed of himself currently; I had put McCullers in a couple hours earlier. This cost us a QS and 7 Ks, which lost us a full point on the night when we dropped a spot in the K race. Hopefully we can overcome that in the next few days, but in a race this close, that might have cost us the win.

Dude... Jose Ramirez is one thing. But dig this. Juan Soto had one hit tonight. One!!! Check out his line... 3-1-3-2- .250 -.571!!! The man is almost to .500 Obp on the year! I doubt I get A top 5 pick next year, so I kinda doubt Imma gonna get to enjoy his services again. But I hope I do! Man this guy... SHEESH!

Man, I wish the season was just a couple weeks longer.

Yeah, Soto's been bonkers. So young, too. They really stumbled into something with that dude.

You know I went and watched all of that Mariners doc you posted awhile back @Yoda. I'm such a glutton for punishment, I watched it twice. I think I must have just caught one segment of it on YouTube before, cuz watching the whole thing together is well worth it. I think that whole series captures painfully well just how difficult it actually is to be a baseball fan of the Seattle Mariners. Sigh. Nothing has really changed either. Still the same ownership group doing the same dumb moves over and over. Just sad really.

DAMMIT!

Needed all my guys to do well tonight...

"Mike Clevinger was removed from Wednesday's start against the Angels with an apparent injury.

Advice: Clevinger looked fine in a 1-2-3 first inning but then didn't come out for the second. He had to be scratched from his last start because of biceps tightness, so it's reasonable to assume that's the cause for his early exit. The Padres should have something official on him soon."

THIS IS NOT WHAT I NEEDED!

Congrats PW. GGs everyone.

This season made me sad in lots of ways. There was something really weird about those 7-inning doubleheaders, in particular. It felt like baseball (and fantasy baseball) about as much as playing softball feels like playing baseball, which is to say it's not quite right but it's better than nothing. Glad we got to watch and play for a bit, at least. Here's hoping we get a nice normal season next year.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think I learned this year that I have to be way more random with my lineups because baseball is as random as it gets.

I'm not saying the draft means nothing but of all the fantasy sports, baseball is the one that means the least to success.

Baseball's random game-to-game, but with enough games that stuff almost always evens out. And if you try to judge a sit or a start based on each individual result you'll go nuts and confirmation bias will eat your brain.

This year, though, it was potentially a lot more viable (or even necessary) to have a quick hook with players, or ride out hot streaks.

I agree with the draft part, though, particularly in a usual season. This year it mattered a ton compared to a normal year, though.

Congratulations to Powdered Water on not just winning again this seasons league championship, but getting the first Threepeat in the history of MoFo Fantasy Sports. I hate you.

Baseball's random game-to-game, but with enough games that stuff almost always evens out. And if you try to judge a sit or a start based on each individual result you'll go nuts and confirmation bias will eat your brain.

This year, though, it was potentially a lot more viable (or even necessary) to have a quick hook with players, or ride out hot streaks.

I agree with the draft part, though, particularly in a usual season. This year it mattered a ton compared to a normal year, though.
You can pick matchups all year and have a decent shot is what I was more referring to.

You mean churning through FAs for most of your lineup all season? Or something else?
Churning through them and producing results, yes.

Either way, I look forward to next season. If I could even get my batting average to the middle tier, I'd be ok.