Underrated Small Scale thrillers

Tools    

From the same director, Green Room has the same vibe as Blue Ruin in lots of ways.
i have seen all his movies. if i have seen blue ruin...i would have seen green room..because the latter is a higher profile movie..so i am looking for something else..a perfect example would be a movie called "The Standoff at Sparrow Creek"....its very little known but its kinda sorta engaging or dragged across concrete...or even blood simple....none of these movies have a common thread except maybe it involves murder or crime but all these are little seen thrillers/crime dramas lower profile movies.

Is mud a movie that falls into this category ?

if i have seen blue ruin...i would have seen green room..because the latter is a higher profile movie..
Or maybe the Netflix algorithm showed it to you. Or maybe someone recommended it (seems pretty plausible given that you're literally asking for recommendations right now). Or maybe you saw it because you saw one of the actors in something else and looked up their filmography. Who knows?

There's plenty of ways you could have found it other than finding the director and then going through their filmography in descending order of however you perceived their "profile." So recommending Green Room is not only reasonable, it'd actually be really silly of me to make all the assumptions I'd have to make in order to skip over it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Recently i watched blue ruin and it's good.Could you list movies like that in mystery, crime, thriller genres that you consider underrated but are actually really good.

I haven't seen Blue Ruin. so I can't use that movie as a comparison, but these are all good mystery, crime, thriller movies that are underrated:

Frequency (2000)
Phone Booth (2002)
Deathtrap (1982)
Shattered (2007) (aka Butterfly on a Wheel)
And Then There Were None (1945)
Searching (2018)
The Big Clock (1948) (This movie is based on the same novel as the movie No Way Out (1987).)
No Way Out (1987) (This movie is based on the same novel as the movie The Big Clock (1948).)
Double Jeopardy (1999)
11:14 (2003)
Dead Again (1991)
Cloak & Dagger (1984)
Fear in the Night (1947)

Searching Smart, little thriller with a unique way of showing the story (I had seen the technique first in a Modern family episode).

Bedroom Window Hitchcock-esque thriller, and probably Steve Guttenberg's best performance. Special mention to the villian.

Breach Apparently based on a true story staring Chris Cooper and Ryan Phillipe.

The Gift Top directorial debut by Joel Edgerton. Should have got more attention.

Crawl Was expecting something like Sharknado, but it ended up being a really good movie.

Hush The story was predictable, but it still had my attention throughout the entire movie.

Das letzte schweigen Gets a bit of grief for its beginning. Less of a thriller, but more of a study of guilt. Still a good flick.

Jade (1995), it was decent watch, especially because of the actress. It was your typical 1990s erotic stuff. Jennifer 8 also comes to mind.

There are tons of movies between 5 and 6 rated on IMDB. that are not as bad as the ratings would suggest.

I think The Friends of Eddie Coyle, a very good movie, fits the OP’s description.

I haven't seen Blue Ruin. so I can't use that movie as a comparison, but these are all good mystery, crime, thriller movies that are underrated:

Frequency (2000)
Phone Booth (2002)
Deathtrap (1982)
Shattered (2007) (aka Butterfly on a Wheel)
And Then There Were None (1945)
Searching (2018)
The Big Clock (1948) (This movie is based on the same novel as the movie No Way Out (1987).)
No Way Out (1987) (This movie is based on the same novel as the movie The Big Clock (1948).)
Double Jeopardy (1999)
11:14 (2003)
Dead Again (1991)
Cloak & Dagger (1984)
Fear in the Night (1947)
shattered felt too much like tv movie for me....but the others are awesome choices...no way out has to be seen....that movie rocks.

Jade (1995), it was decent watch, especially because of the actress. It was your typical 1990s erotic stuff. Jennifer 8 also comes to mind.

There are tons of movies between 5 and 6 rated on IMDB. that are not as bad as the ratings would suggest.
My only problem with those movies is...many of them either feel like TV movies or just plain bummers that are depressing with nothing exciting or thrilling. Speaking of willy friedkin..i gotta rewatch sorcerer.

Searching Smart, little thriller with a unique way of showing the story (I had seen the technique first in a Modern family episode).

Bedroom Window Hitchcock-esque thriller, and probably Steve Guttenberg's best performance. Special mention to the villian.

Breach Apparently based on a true story staring Chris Cooper and Ryan Phillipe.

The Gift Top directorial debut by Joel Edgerton. Should have got more attention.

Crawl Was expecting something like Sharknado, but it ended up being a really good movie.

Hush The story was predictable, but it still had my attention throughout the entire movie.

Das letzte schweigen Gets a bit of grief for its beginning. Less of a thriller, but more of a study of guilt. Still a good flick.

I loved Searching...absolutely riveting. Didn't care for Hush...too many plot holes I couldn't wrap my head around.