The Sopranos vs The Wire

Tools    

Which one of the two acclaimed TV Series is better, which one do you prefer?

Please vote on https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/633896

What are you opinions about the two Series?

Please use the poll facility built into this site. Thanks.

I know you can't do the super-long or multi-question polls, but you can do the primary question of the thread, at least.

Wire vs Sopranos?! Damn that's a toughy.

I'll go Sopranos due to Gandolfinis performance, possibly the best in a tv dramatic series ever, and the fact the last season of The Wire fell off noticeably. Sopranos was steady and strong all throughout, and had some great individual episodes which eclipsed The Wires best ones.

When I first watched The Wire I thought it was better than The Sopranos, but the test of time said otherwise.

It's Only Weird If You Make It Weird
I watched all of The Sporanos based on the recomendation of everyone in the world, but I just didn't have that connection to it that every one else did. It was good, but just not amazing to me.

I've still not managed to get to The Wire

Can’t believe we’re still discussing this. The Sopranos is my favorite show of all time & expect it to remain so. The Wire is my 2nd favorite tv show & also expect it to remain so.

Please use the poll facility built into this site. Thanks.

I know you can't do the super-long or multi-question polls, but you can do the primary question of the thread, at least.
ok

Can’t believe we’re still discussing this. The Sopranos is my favorite show of all time & expect it to remain so. The Wire is my 2nd favorite tv show & also expect it to remain so.
and what is your 3rd favorite?

and what is your 3rd favorite?
Hard question. In terms of having seen it several times Band of Brothers?

But I’ve enjoyed many HBO shows: SATC, Six Feet Under to name just two, then there’s Breaking Bad. I could go on & on.

Hard question. In terms of having seen it several times Band of Brothers?

But I’ve enjoyed many HBO shows: SATC, Six Feet Under to name just two, then there’s Breaking Bad. I could go on & on.
I see, do you watch preferably only american TV shows?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This is indeed a tough one as others have said.

From a pure production quality and entertainment aspect, the Sopranos.

However for intelligence and sheer depth, easily The Wire.

I see, do you watch preferably only american TV shows?
Not at all. I will watch anything that is good & entertaining.

I've seen some episodes of both shows but neither really grabbed me...I didn't watch either from the beginning though and maybe that has something to do with it. I've heard nothing but good things about The Wire though.

Not at all. I will watch anything that is good & entertaining.
What are your favorites?

⬆️ I think I already listed some of them.
I meant non-american shows.

I meant non-american shows.
As I live in America, I guess I do tend to watch a lot of American shows. Only because I’m more aware of them being in the news here & receiving reviews.

One of the best shows I have ever seen & which I think is hilarious is the original British version of The Office. An excellent show. (never had any desire to see the American version.)

The original British version of Getting On is excellent. Actually so is the later American version.

A totally brilliant show is Gomorrah from Italy, which is one of very best shows I have ever seen.

As I live in America, I guess I do tend to watch a lot of American shows. Only because I’m more aware of them being in the news here & receiving reviews.

One of the best shows I have ever seen & which I think is hilarious is the original British version of The Office. An excellent show. (never had any desire to see the American version.)

The original British version of Getting On is excellent. Actually so is the later American version.

A totally brilliant show is Gomorrah from Italy, which is one of very best shows I have ever seen.
Oh I see.