RBG Mourners Provide Unusual Salute

Tools    

Mourners Honor RBG With Emotional 21-Molotov-Cocktail Salute September 23rd, 2020

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Mourners gathered across the country this week to honor the life of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Outside the Supreme Court, fans of the late RBG conducted a stirring, emotional memorial ceremony that ended with a beautiful 21-Molotov Cocktail Salute.

"This is our way of honoring our great progressive Justice Ginsburg," said part-time Antifa arsonist Ron Meechan. "We hope that she is watching us from above as we torch this 7-Eleven in her honor. Blessed be her name."

Seven shabby figures then stumbled into a line as a nearby comrade played Lady Gaga's "I Was Born This Way" solemnly on a bugle. Each of them carried three glass bottles filled with gasoline and urine.

"Ready!" yelled out another comrade. "FIRE!"

"FIRE!"

"FIRE!"

All observers bowed their heads and removed their helmets, ski masks, and Budenovkas for a moment of silence. As they watched the 7-Eleven burn to the ground, they said a silent prayer to no one before joining hands and singing Jon Lennon's "Imagine."

A few short moments later, police and firefighters arrived to extinguish the blaze in honor of RBG.

[from The Babylon Bee]

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Actually, she called the protests dumb. Sacrificed federal parks & native lands to industry. Racist who hired one black clerk in the 100 years she was there, supported state violence,voted to make it easier to deport asylum seekers, allowed Muslim Ban.

I laugh when people call her a liberal. I laugh harder when I hear "hero".... I'll take Justice William O. Douglas' corpse over her. More people should read what HE said. Greatest civil libertarian in modern history.

You ready? You look ready.
Because the reaction of the left warrants satire. It’s the only way to make sense of their behavior.

But I’ll agree that it’s kinda out of place on here.

Yeah, let's ease up on creating a new thread for political satire over and over. Seems like a way to argue politics without having to argue politics.

Yeah, let's ease up on creating a new thread for political satire over and over. Seems like a way to argue politics without having to argue politics.
Are we allowed to argue politics without satire?

The trick is not minding
Ah! The Ole “I’m not clever enough to create my own satire so I’m gonna post this link from the Bee!“
“Brilliant!”
*pats self on back*

If you really wanna talk politics how bout this: I had no idea that lifetime Secret Service protection got reinstated during Obama’s administration.

It kinda makes me appreciate Nixon even more now because he’s the only President to have surrendered it.

I’d be fine with them paying for it at a discounted rate, but I’m not down with post-Presidents getting a lifetime of elite security on taxpayer money.

If you really wanna talk politics how bout this: I had no idea that lifetime Secret Service protection got reinstated during Obama’s administration.

It kinda makes me appreciate Nixon even more now because he’s the only President to have surrendered it.

I’d be fine with them paying for it at a discounted rate, but I’m not down with post-Presidents getting a lifetime of elite security on taxpayer money.
In case I never shared my meeting Nixon story with you (it's my one big "claim to fame" story)...

I met him while camping in Lake Placid. He wasn't camping (obviously), but I was, with a friend at a place called Tupper Lake - we drove to Lake Placid (about 20 minutes away) to get more supplies and passed a group of "businessmen" on the street.
I said to my friend, "That was Nixon!"
He laughed and said I was crazy. He said it was probably just a bunch of dressed up businessmen walking back to their office after lunch.
Then an announcement came over the loudspeakers (still in place in the town from the Olympics) welcoming former Pres. Nixon to the streets of Lake Placid.
We went back, and by then a crowd had formed, but we said hello & shook his hand.
During the handshaking I was surrounded by big men in suits, all over 6 foot with wires in their ears - these, I assumed, were Secret Service guards - the year was 1984.

Other highlights of that trip: our campsite was invaded by bears (with which I had a very close encounter), we got stuck out on Tupper Lake after a storm and the water was so choppy that we could not land our boat! And one night we drove back into Lake Placid and watched The Karate Kid in a beautiful old theater that had long red curtains that parted for the movie screen (bringing the whole thing back to movies)!

The trick is not minding
In case I never shared my meeting Nixon story with you (it's my one big "claim to fame" story)...

I met him while camping in Lake Placid. He wasn't camping (obviously), but I was, with a friend at a place called Tupper Lake - we drove to Lake Placid (about 20 minutes away) to get more supplies and passed a group of "businessmen" on the street.
I said to my friend, "That was Nixon!"
He laughed and said I was crazy. He said it was probably just a bunch of dressed up businessmen walking back to their office after lunch.
Then an announcement came over the loudspeakers (still in place in the town from the Olympics) welcoming former Pres. Nixon to the streets of Lake Placid.
We went back, and by then a crowd had formed, but we said hello & shook his hand.
During the handshaking I was surrounded by big men in suits, all over 6 foot with wires in their ears - these, I assumed, were Secret Service guards - the year was 1984.

Other highlights of that trip: our campsite was invaded by bears (with which I had a very close encounter), we got stuck out on Tupper Lake after a storm and the water was so choppy that we could not land our boat! And one night we drove back into Lake Placid and watched The Karate Kid in a beautiful old theater that had long red curtains that parted for the movie screen (bringing the whole thing back to movies)!
The most important part of this, for me, was being able to watch The Karate Kid during its first theatrical run.
Followed by camping.
I miss camping.
But not as much as going to the movies.

The most important part of this, for me, was being able to watch The Karate Kid during its first theatrical run.
Followed by camping.
I miss camping.
But not as much as going to the movies.
Thanks!

The interesting thing was watching the movie in the middle of camping. During the course of the week we made a few trips into Lake Placid - and I really liked driving there because I could sleep in the passenger seat of the car on the way!
It was my first (& last) camping trip - and I had such hip sores (from sleeping on the ground) that I kept suggesting to my friend that after the movie we just get a room in a Lake Placid motel (go retrieve our gear from the campsite the next day) and spend the rest of the trip in a nice room, go to the bars, restaurants, maybe go see some more movies, etc.!

But I stuck it out and completed the camping.

Karate Kid became one of my favorite movies probably due, in part, to the circumstances of my viewing it - the beautiful old theater with its giant red curtains, seeing it in the middle of a camping trip, enjoying the break from chopping wood, prepping meals, avoiding bears, washing pots & clothes in a stream, etc.

The trick is not minding
Thanks!

The interesting thing was watching the movie in the middle of camping. During the course of the week we made a few trips into Lake Placid - and I really liked driving there because I could sleep in the passenger seat of the car on the way!
It was my first (& last) camping trip - and I had such hip sores (from sleeping on the ground) that I kept suggesting to my friend that after the movie we just get a room in a Lake Placid motel (go retrieve our gear from the campsite the next day) and spend the rest of the trip in a nice room, go to the bars, restaurants, maybe go see some more movies, etc.!

But I stuck it out and completed the camping.

Karate Kid became one of my favorite movies probably due, in part, to the circumstances of my viewing it - the beautiful old theater with its giant red curtains, seeing it in the middle of a camping trip, enjoying the break from chopping wood, prepping meals, avoiding bears, washing pots & clothes in a stream, etc.
Similarly, I was in the outer banks in NC, vacationing with family back in 2008. We were unfortunately hit with a severe thunderstorm so I took the car down the road to a local theatre and watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull back to back.
As you can see, mine didn’t end as memorably film wise 😒

Similarly, I was in the outer banks in NC, vacationing with family back in 2008. We were unfortunately hit with a severe thunderstorm so I took the car down the road to a local theatre and watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull back to back.
As you can see, mine didn’t end as memorably film wise 😒
I recall liking Prince Caspian a bit more than the first Chronicles film (although I remember thinking it was a bit on the violent and serious side for a supposed children's story = probably why I liked it).

Still have never seen Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - after hearing / reading reviews I'm not sure if I want to spoil the franchise for myself.

for the Nixon story...That's a pretty darn unique experience.

I can't say that I've ever met anybody famous directly...But before I got married, the future wife and I took a vacation to Washington D.C. to visit her college friend. We staid there for two weeks and seen a lot of the nation's capital. It was the first time I'd ever been on a plane! We planned on visiting the House of Representatives and the Senate. We got our passes from our local congresswoman's office and went to the Senate's upper level where visitors set. It was jammed packed, which was weird because I'd been told that if I visited the Senate it would be boring and probably nothing would be going on.

Soon as we set down Ted Kennedy takes the Senate floor and he is on fire! I mean damn, like him or not, he was livid! Talk about a rousing speech, you could have heard a pin drop in there. At first I didn't know what he was talking about. I had no idea what Columbine was...But then it hit me...as we had been casually sight seeing in D.C. there had been a horrific school shooting. I'll never forget the passion and rage in Ted Kennedy's voice over this senseless shooting, it was like no other speech I've heard before or since.

Yup, that was Secret Service. It wasn’t until 1984 that a law was passed that allowed Presidents and their spouses to surrender protection, and Nixon gave his up in 1985. His wife surrendered hers in 1984.

One thing is certain: Trump has made Nixon look like a choir boy, so I can finally openly express my admiration for the guy.

I have met quite a few famous people but my funniest story was when I worked at the hotel and Mark Warner was speaking at an event. I was the audio guy, so when he was done I had to chase him down to get the lavalier pack back. Soon as it was over he was booking it and shaking hands, taking selfies, and I’m just fighting the crowd trying to get to him. It was impossible to hear anything over the chatter but I was yelling “Mark, the lavalier!”

So imma fix this Supreme Court non-sense in 10 seconds. Ya ready? It's real simple. Easy as pie. Here we go.

Whichever party holds the White House has to submit a nominee from the opposing party.

Boom. You are welcome. And I didn't even go to law school.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza