The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I use the OpenOffice equivalent called Calc, because it's free.
some of those free apps work better than the costly ones

I was surprised to see that I wasn't the only one to have E.T. ranked last, and even more surprised that it didn't end up breaking the top 3. I was pretty certain that it would have been in the running for #1, but I was clearly wrong about that.

Third Place

Kiki's Delivery Service / 魔女の宅急便 (1989)
Nominated By: ahwell

The animation is really vivid to me too, it's one of Miyazakis sharpest looking films.
Kiki's Delivery Service reminds me not only of how much I need movies in my life, but of why I love what I love, why I do what I do. There are few movies out there that have more power to me. And to say that I was inspired enough from a movie to create something of my own is about the highest praise I can give it.
64 Points

Points Awarded:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	chart - kiki.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	67977  

Kiki's Delivery Service ended up being one of the rare Miyazaki films that I actually enjoyed, so I'm really glad that it was nominated. It was nice to see our only animated film break into the top 3 as well.

I did graphs for an HoF once, I forget which one. I just used an online graph site, it worked OK for me.
For all 3 of the HoFs I've hosted, I've made a spreadsheet to keep track of the lists, points awarded, and to help calculate the final results. I also double check the point totals by hand in case I coded the sums wrong, but I haven't had an issue yet. Since I have the values in the spreadsheet already, it's just a couple of clicks to get the application to produce a graph, so it's quite convenient.

For all 3 of the HoFs I've hosted, I've made a spreadsheet to keep track of the lists, points awarded, and to help calculate the final results. I also double check the point totals by hand in case I coded the sums wrong, but I haven't had an issue yet. Since I have the values in the spreadsheet already, it's just a couple of clicks to get the application to produce a graph, so it's quite convenient.
Spreadsheet? What's a spreadsheet I wouldn't know how to use one, I'm soooo old school!

2nd Place
and Runner-Up:

Kwaidan / 怪談 (1964)
Nominated By: Siddon

It is filled with hauntingly beautiful imagery, and features many elaborate sets, costumes, and effects. The design is fantastic.
On a technical level...it's less is more but also everything is practical and gorgeous. The effects enhance the story and even though it's 60 years ago for me it has more of an impact.
65 Points

Points Awarded:

~*~

1st Place and
the Winner of the Fantasy Hall of Fame
:

The Lord of the Rings:
The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Nominated By: rauldc14

This film is the film that when discussing Pure fantasy films, it starts and ends with LotR.
From a pure production standpoint, it's hard to argue just how well this film is artistically. The cast was perfectly chosen, the score is amazing, and the visuals are super impressive. The film is obviously long but you don't really feel the length at all because you feel like you are a part of it's world.
80 Points

Points Awarded:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	chart - kwaidan.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	67978   Click image for larger version

Name:	chart - fellowship.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	67979  

This is how old school I am
Piece of paper.
Pen
A lot of crossing out corrections
I double check the spreadsheet's results once with a calculator, and another time by hand, so while I can use the technology, I apparently don't trust it haha.

Well I'm not a fan of LOTR but not surprised it won.
Kwaidan was another very unique and cool Siddon nom.

CONGRATS to Raul, and Siddon.

A big thanks to Cosmic!

Back to work for me...