Robert Carlyle
Steve McQueen
Chuck Connors
Terrence Stamp
Klaus Kinski
Max von Sydow
Willem Dafoe
Sid Haig
Henry Silva (and he's got to be the winner!)
Steve Buscemi
Kirk Douglas
Lizabeth Scott (maybe)
Jack Palance
Mads Mikkelsen
Daniel Craig

The rest of the actor photos? no.
I do agree that the thread is a tad confusing.

But why is Terrence Stamp on your list, but not Joaquin Phoenix?

Most of this is in the eye of the beholder though.

My point was that the OP reads differently than the title. The title says actors with great faces, which many people have posted. Whilst the 1st post gives more detailed instructions and says:

I have to say some people have not posted actors with distinctive or unusual faces but posted actors they like and or think are attractive. We already have threads for that.

These actors that have been posted and do have interesting/unusual faces:
Michael Shannon
Robert Carlyle
Steve McQueen
Chuck Connors
Terrence Stamp
Klaus Kinski
Max von Sydow
Willem Dafoe
Sid Haig
Henry Silva (and he's got to be the winner!)
Steve Buscemi
Kirk Douglas
Lizabeth Scott (maybe)
Jack Palance
Mads Mikkelsen
Daniel Craig

The rest of the actor photos? no.
Thank you for choosing Henry Silva as the winner.
(I have to agree.)

(When they put him in heavy, exaggerated, facial-prosthetic make-up for Dick Tracy (1990), the first thing I thought was that it just looked like an older version of Henry Silva.)

He was also very versatile in that his complexion and facial features made him ideal to play a variety of ethnicities: everything from Italians to Asians to Pacific Islanders to Native Americans!

P.S. Although I had the idea for this thread for a while, the timing of its posting was kind of in response to another thread that seemed to say that most actors become successful by fitting to a particular stereotype of handsomeness or beauty - and while that may be true to an extent, many have defied those expectations who have less-than "perfect" features.

Thank you for choosing Henry Silva as the winner.
(I have to agree.) ...
I've long thought that every time I seen Henry Silva in an old movie that his face, as you said, looked like wax! I don't know why that is? But it sure does...

Since John Saxon was posted a while back, he reminded me of this guy: Don Gordon.

He always reminded me a bit of Saxon and I always remembered him for having some striking features and an intensity in his eyes (probably best known for his roles in Papillon and a couple episodes of the Twilight Zone).

Boris Karloff-Vincent Price-Charlton Heston-Angela Bassett-Clint Walker.