MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Fournette caught a lot of passes last year. He stays healthy he may have the best year he's ever had. Wow

I'm fairly pleased with how the draft played out. For once I was able to land many of the players whom I was targeting. I completed five or six mocks beforehand and in only one of them did James Conner fall to me at the end of the second round, so I was pleasantly surprised that he was there for the taking in our league. I think the Pittsburgh skill players are going to be a great return on investment this season as long as Big Ben stays healthy. I seem to end up with Mike Evans every year. I don't expect his numbers to fluctuate so wildly this season (last year he'd follow up a doughnut with 40+ points), even if his weekly ceiling is lower without Winston blindly chucking deep bombs into double coverage. Robert Woods isn't a sexy player, but he's good for 90+ receptions and 1200 yards. Even if he remains unlucky in the TD department, I'll be happy with that level of production from my WR2. I'm high on Will Fuller this season now that Hopkins has left town. He should be Watson's favorite target. It's just a matter of staying on the field.

J.K. Dobbins is going to be a fantasy stud in the very near future. It might not happen this season with Ingram still leading the backfield, but I think Dobbins will see enough action to at least serve as a decent flex with the potential of much, much more. Alexander Mattison and Latavius Murray are back-ups who could lead fantasy owners to a championship should they find themselves in a starting role, and the odds of that occurring aren't insignificant given the contract status/injury history of Dalvin Cook and Kamara. Chis Thompson is typically an afterthought on draft day, but he's a nice reserve come byes/injuries due to his PPR skills. With Fournette gone and the Jags likely to be playing catch-up most weeks, he could rack up some decent garbage-time production.

I got screwed at TE a little bit. I had my eye on several dudes in the mid-to-late rounds but landed none of them. Gesicki had decent numbers last year and will hopefully improve upon them this season, but I still consider TE my weakest position (along with thin WR depth). I probably should've drafted Ertz in the 5th round, which I strongly considered at the time before opting for Kyler Murray instead. If the trend is to continue of second-year QBs having MVP-caliber seasons (Wentz, Mahomes, Jackson), then Murray is the guy to do it. He was a sneaky good fantasy QB last season due to his rushing stats. With another year of development and arguably the best WR in the league now at his disposal, the ceiling is extremely high. I don't think it was smart to pick him over more proven commodities like Prescott and Watson, however, and I already feel some buyer's remorse about that.

Though in this case I specifically moved down in the draft just beforehand.
I didn't know that swapping draft spots was even an option. I'll have to remember that in the future.

Curious what your thinking was and if your plan paid off. Seems odd to me to trade back just two spots into the draft. I assumed there must be some player you were targeting in the second round whom you were worried might not fall to you, but then you selected Allen Robinson with that pick when I think there's a good chance he would've still been available to you in the 3rd.

Curious what your thinking was and if your plan paid off. Seems odd to me to trade back just two spots into the draft. I assumed there must be some player you were targeting in the second round whom you were worried might not fall to you, but then you selected Allen Robinson with that pick when I think there's a good chance he would've still been available to you in the 3rd.
My thinking was I didn't like Barkley that much more than EE or Kamara, thought he had a little more upside but a little more risk and I'd rather have those two slots in the second. I was specifically targeting Robinson, realistically, and wasn't convinced I'd necessarily get him otherwise.

It's pretty easy to imagine this blowing up in my face, of course, since Barkley's very talented, but there were some rumblings about him missing a game and while I'm still pretty bullish on that offense, there's plenty of questions, and I'd rather look for my upside/risk in the middle rounds.

I'm fairly pleased with how the draft played out. For once I was able to land many of the players whom I was targeting.
Yeah, highest compliment I can pay, as always, is 3-4 of the guys you got were guys I was probably taking next. I think at one point in the chat I just typed "GET OUT OF MY HEAD SPAULDING." But I'm used to that by now.

I got screwed at TE a little bit. I had my eye on several dudes in the mid-to-late rounds but landed none of them. Gesicki had decent numbers last year and will hopefully improve upon them this season, but I still consider TE my weakest position (along with thin WR depth). I probably should've drafted Ertz in the 5th round, which I strongly considered at the time before opting for Kyler Murray instead. If the trend is to continue of second-year QBs having MVP-caliber seasons (Wentz, Mahomes, Jackson), then Murray is the guy to do it. He was a sneaky good fantasy QB last season due to his rushing stats. With another year of development and arguably the best WR in the league now at his disposal, the ceiling is extremely high. I don't think it was smart to pick him over more proven commodities like Prescott and Watson, however, and I already feel some buyer's remorse about that.
I thought you were going Ertz, yeah. Was genuinely surprised when you took Murray, but I see the idea. It's a big bet. But yeah, I figured Prescott would be higher on your list even with that upside, since the floor is so much higher. But I get it.

I was probably going Ertz there, too, but he went one spot before me. In fact, in the 5th I had a bunch of targets I all liked and I think all of them went in the half dozen picks before me. So it goes. Gallup's a decent consolation prize there at least.

I'm drafting first overall in my other league as well this weekend and I'm tempted to take Barkley. That way I'm not doomed in both leagues if McCaffrey goes down with an injury. I remember reading in a fantasy article awhile back that Barkley outscored McCaffrey during the last month of the season, when Barkley was finally close to 100% healthy after being banged-up most of the season. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Barkley finishes as the #1 RB this year. I think he'll be extra motivated after last year's relative disappointment, and new Giants OC Jason Garrett always did well by Zeke.

But then I look at McCaffrey's stats last season and he was in a tier of his own, and that was with a bunch of bums at QB, so it's hard not to just stick with the consensus #1.

Yeah, I'd stick with him, but I get the meta logic there. Sometimes it's about winning leagues overall as opposed to winning each league individually. I'm just in one this year, though, but I've been in that boat before.

A system of cells interlinked
I see Adrian Peterson has been released now.
Saw that. He was way down on my depth chart as it was, but I will hang on to him for now, in case he lands on a team that might use him for 12-15 carries per game or so. I might need him for a buy week!

Before the season begins, does anyone feel a certain team in our fantasy league is the favorite to win? Either people will say themselves or whoever Yahoo picked, in that order.

Before the season begins, does anyone feel a certain team in our fantasy league is the favorite to win? Either people will say themselves or whoever Yahoo picked, in that order.
Pretty sure it is my team .

I say this because of my kicker.

He is going to break a record this year. Most 50+ fgs.

A shoe in (get it, a shoe....).

As inconsequential as it may sound the pick I was probably most excited to make was Justin Tucker. Living in Maryland not only is he the best statistical kicker in the league but he has that local pull. One of the people in my other league, which I am now entering my fifth year of play, always takes Tucker. Early. This year she took him with her THIRD pick, the 23rd overall pick in our 10-team league. Which is nuts. But it means obviously nobody else ever has a chance at getting him. With the point totals much lower in this league than my other (we use two more position spots and full PPR) I am hoping the strong foot and those 50+ boomers of Mr. Tucker may be the difference that puts me just over the top for a few victories this year. When he was still on the board as my ninth pick I just HAD to go for him. I ALMOST pulled the trigger with my 8th pick for him but breathed a sigh of relief when he was still there for nine.

If I get a few weeks where he winds up with 20 or more points - which he does every year - compared to my opponent who maybe only gets a single-digit performance out of their K I am going to be sitting pretty.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Many owners laugh at those that put any value to a kicker, but not me. I know Sebastian Janikowski saved my skin on more than one occasion. Btw, Al Davis drafted him in the first round. That guy might have known a little bit about football.

The trick is not minding
I can attest to the benefit of a strong Kicker. For years I always grabbed Elam from Denver. In 2004, he was good for at least 15 points a game due to his foot.
I rode him and Tomlinson to a 11-3 record, after a 2-3 start, and blew it in the first round because I failed to replace him when he was on a bye.
I lost 83-71. 12 points! A kicker could have possibly changed that outcome!
I still don’t know what happened, as I swear I had replaced him. I have yet to get over that.

What'd you have in mind?

Basic stuff, but anything really.

Who gets most TDs for reg season, at QB, RB, WR?

1st top 20 RB (or even top 10) to get injured (out for two or more games).

Who in our FF league will have longest win streak. How many wins?

How many Brady to Gronk passes will there be in Tampa's first game, complete Or incomplete both count?

Stuff like that

Maybe we could come up with a few more.

Either way, kinda excited more than normal for football this year, both FF and just watching games.

I think you'll win Holden because I pity your opponents QB having to go against San Francisco. The 49rs are very sore about giving away last years Super Bowl. They may be dialed-in to win right out of the gate.

THE GREAT FLEX ADVENTURE
Episode I

My roster seems solid, except my Flex spot. Thankfully Kerryon Johnson will be the starting RB week 1 for Detroit, Jalen Reagor and Deebo Samuel are Questionable. Jalen is practicing in full though so he may play. Kerryons gonna be a temporary option, and when Jalen & Deebo are 100% I may have a tough time choosing in the future.