Which was the movie that sparked your love for all things film?

Tools    

Boldly going.
Star Wars had a huge impact on me - I've been a fan of sci-fi and fantasy (and movies in general) ever since. The Indiana Jones trilogy made me a fan of action and adventure. Forrest Gump opened-up my appreciation for the dramedy. The Lord of the Rings trilogy did the same for high fantasy. Those are probably the movies that have kindled my love of movies the most.

this was the point when I started to have an interest in film as a medium and something which was created, rather than just something to watch.
I agree really strongly with this. For me it's like:

First phase of movie watching: kids' entertainment, cartoons.

Second phase of movie watching: more sophisticated stories, "grown up" movies

Third phase of movie watching: Realizing that movies are art and that the things in them are deliberately done by the creators.

It's that last phase that's really cool. You start to be able to make connections between films, see how different artists approach similar stories, and make judgments about the choices made by the filmmakers. More importantly, realizing that artists have a point of view, their art can be a thesis about the world, and that it's okay to disagree with them.

Not a film, I think at some point couple years ago after rewatching/rereading One Piece, it sparked my hunger for narratives or cinematic experience, in general.

While i love to watch movies since i was a kid, up until that point i never really consider myself to love many things about film.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Nothing was the same afterwards.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Downhill 2020

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

When i was kid 7 or 8 years old in the 80's i always watch movie without any interest but few movie stuck in my memories but i never remind the title or the actor's name. I always asked my older sister. What was this movie or this one? And she gave me the title. I think the first movie i remember the title was Swap Thing. I asked my sister, what was the movie with the creature who lost an arm then grow it back. And she told me "swamp thing" since that time i started to remember actor and title then director etc.

Since that time i tried to find all movie i have in my memories as a kid. Few of them was tv's series episode but there's still 2 or 3 movie which i have just a little souvenir i'm looking for and they seem impossible to find.

After that in 1992 my favorite movie start to disappear in videoclubs so i started to collect them. Since that time everything i saw i own it making my collection up to 25,000 title.

Now with all that streaming and netflix i'm thinking to stop buying and just watch. Beside i think i wont have the time to watch all my collection before the end of my days...

That's the only thing in this world who make me sad...

Shawshank.

First time I saw it was Freeman at the wall looking around at the end. It fascinated me. Then I saw the movie in full shortly after, because it was on tnt non stop. That and Forrest Gump were on all the time. Grateful to grow up with both this movies. (Even though Shawshank should have won the Oscar. It's ok though 94 was incredible year for flicks)

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

A system of cells interlinked
What a neat question!

My mom is a huge cinephile, and she got us into Hitchcock at a very early age. Shadow of a Doubt was my favorite film for a long time. I loved mysteries and it was the first real "murder mystery" I saw as a film. When I was like 12 or 13, a local theater did a Hitchcock retrospective and she took us to see Rear Window and Vertigo on the big screen and that kind of sealed the deal.
Shadow of a Doubt is one of my favorite Hitch films, and is perhaps the one I have watched the most. I never tire of it.

Meanwhile, It would be hard for me to pinpoint one film, so it would be more like a batch of films. The batch would change depending on whether or not we are talking about films that inspired me to love movies on a base, sort of childlike level, or films that sort of snapped me into more of an expanded understanding of the art of cinema, or at least set me on the path in that regard.

The first batch would contain stuff like Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, Predator, and The Breakfast Club, while the second batch would contain films such as Blade Runner, Mulholland Drive, Chinatown, Pulp Fiction, Out of the Past, and Vertigo.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
The Matrix (1999):
I watched it when I was 10 and it made me want to research more into how special effects were done. After that I began studying about directing, the rest is history.

For me it was probably Chaplins films. They were shown on TV in the 1990's (I'm not 100% sure but it might have been Christmas 1997 as it would have been the 20th anniversary of his passing) and I remember coming downstairs around 5.30-6am, turning on the TV and catching the start of The Gold Rush. I was a fan after that.

Empire Strikes Back at the age of 7 made quite an impact