Gaming your Machine

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I hate dusting. I wouldn't notice it for that reason alone. Also, I'm going to be 60 next year and I have my office tricked out with Gumby, Mr. Potato Head, "Weird Al" bobbleheads, posters, and framed tickets from concerts I particularly enjoyed. I also put stickers on the sides of my CPUs and on the lids of my laptops. Oh, and I also have all those small stuffed animals on my writing desk. (See photo above.)

No judgment here!

That IS cool! Looks like you can really move the monitor up and out of the way when you need to. So it clamps to a desk/table like a goosneck lamp does, yes? (I currently have two gooseneck lamps and love them because they swing around easily and they don't take up desk space.)
Yup. Like a goose neck lamp. The clamp is pretty solid and heavy-duty. Vice grip kind of handle to tighten it. I think there's an option to bolt it directly, if you want to drill a hole through your desk surface.

I just needed a way to get a monitor over my piano, while so close to the wall without having to use some tripod like stand. There's just not enough room for that. The really crazy thing is that for all the reach the arm can provide, it can also just sort of fold into itself as shallow as a few inches. The thing is kinda genius.

Yeah, I was gonna ask if E.T. was hiding out there among all the stuffed animals.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
If anyone is looking for RAM upgrade, this is the lowest I've seen this model. At 109.99US, it's cheaper than it was when I picked it up back in December by at least $10US. This one usually drops to around $132 at it's normal low, but most days it's higher.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM Memory Kit – Black

Out of stock in the UK

@Tacitus thoughts on the new line?

Timing's great for me, I'm due for an upgrade, I should really do something before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, etc. No idea if it's been long enough that I'll have to upgrade the motherboard, too, though. I assume so, sadly.

The People's Republic of Clogher
If the real world figures are as mind-blowing as the predictions then it'll be a revelation; a generational shift maybe. I've got a couple of friends in the same boat as you and they've come to the conclusion that they'll need a PCIE 4 motherboard to get the most out of the new cards though.

I'm still rocking merrily along with my 980ti. Games over the next 12 months might finally begin to tax it but as long as I have a 1080p monitor, I reckon I'm safe.

Thanks. Yeah, I should just bite the bullet and do it anyway. Just a lot more effort, I reckon, than just swapping in a new graphics card (which I did a year or two back to put off a "full" rebuild). But maybe I'm overdoing it and it's just going to mean taking everything out and plugging it right back in. And it presumably means a new processor and...yeah, mostly just doing a new build, except for the "move everything to new drives" part, which I guess is half of the trouble usually.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Unfortunately it means a new CPU and some DDR4 RAM, unless your old mobo is the same architecture.

I'm probably ducking out of the PC arms race until TES VI comes out