Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

La isla mínima (Marshland) (2014) - 6.8/10. Another one of those nearly there thrillers. The movie revolves one murder not a bunch of them, so a lot of the movie deals with the investigation not a series of murders. It was a great build up till the end. Definitely recommended.

Kinda cool, I'd give it a solid 6.5/10

It wasn't bad but I kept thinking how awesome Wake in Fright is.
Agree about Wake in Fright, will give this a go though.

1st Re-Watch...last night's broadcast on ABC was my first re-watch...my re-watch didn't really change anything I said in my original review or my original rating. It is technically breathtaking, but the story is a little convoluted and takes a little too long to get where it's going for my tastes. The tragic passing of Chadwick Boseman doesn't change my opinion about the film.

This isn't really a full review. Someone earlier in this thread posted about watching In the Tall Grass and I decided to check it out.

The concept is okay, but I was kind of frustrated by the film. Some of the writing/acting was a bit over the top.

Also, I feel like some of its most powerful imagery was just straight up lifted from Triangle, a much superior
WARNING: spoilers below
trapped in a time loop/time travel film

A few effective images and a noteworthy gross-out sequence didn't manage to lift it out of mediocrity. Not a bad movie, just overlong and lacking in punch.

The Odd Angry Shot 1979
D: Tom Jeffrey

Obscure Australian made film about a group of soldiers serving in Vietnam. An unusual and entertaining film, leaving politics and action mostly aside and focussing on the characters and their day to day living, which consists mostly of drinking beer and finding new and amusing ways to pass the time. I generally have quite a low opinion of the Australian film industry (being one myself), but this is really quite a good and enjoyable movie. Good performance from Graham Kennedy.

7/10

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	odd angry shot.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	67581  

Host

I hate what has happened to the found footage genre, Blair Witch has never been equalled, it has just turned into the ultimate in lazy film making and this is la z z z z y and I dont care if it was made in lockdown or made on. zoom, its still ****ing lazy..

Movie - a group of girl friends and one girly guy and a **** of a medium hold a seance on zoom and something is invited... because we all know movies so well, no explanation is needed, its an "entity" okay

Bad things happen, I didnt jump once then I looked at the time and there is only 15 minutes long, thank god this "movie" if you can call something that is 50 minutes long a movie, wow they couldn't even hit the hour mark

And what is with that medium... if anybody here can they please knock twice.. "knock knock" oh sorry that's my delivery guys hahaha it was meant to come yesterday and then a coat flies of her table and her internet is cut off.. about 20 minutes later they phone medium who's like "oh Im glad you phoned me" .. because she wasn't inclined to phone them in all that time.. its strange because she comes across as this caring empathetic person but is just a total c u n t

no extra marks because it was made in lockdown, sorry

[rating1[/rating]

1 rating because the actors could at least act a little bit which is quite rare in what has become found footage
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Captive (2015)

True story of escaped prisoner (David Oyelowo) who takes a former meth-addict single mum (Kate Mara) hostage after bolting from the courthouse and murdering 3 people in the process.

Good and suspenseful enough with believable acting all round. Bit of the TV movie about it though.

Unregistered User
Does anyone know? Never mentioned (probably on purpose) in the director’s documentary, but did Tom really fly those planes? I know he’s a daredevil & has flown planes in movies before, but did he fly the fighter plane himself?

Planning to see all your recent movies.

You have to see Wendy & Lucy, Meek’s Cutoff and especially Certain Women, which might be my favorite. Loved almost everything this director has done. Night Moves might be my least favorite.

Also, I think you would like this Scottish movie very much. Very powerful. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471030/

All been added to my never ending watchlist Stirchley

Ive actually seen Red Road and really liked it, thanks for the rec. Have you watched other films from Arnold? You've probably seen American Honey but you should catch Fish Tank if you haven't already.

Die Welle [The Wave] (Dennis Gansel, 2008)
+
German not Mexican for a change

Bill & Ted Face the Music 2020 Directed by Dean Parisot

+

All Quiet on the Western Front 1930 Directed by Lewis Milestone

+
Re: All Quiet on the Western Front John, it's a book I love so much so was always reticent to watch the film version.....trust your judgement though and will give it a go.

Re: All Quiet on the Western Front John, it's a book I love so much so was always reticent to watch the film version.....trust your judgement though and will give it a go.
With the caveat that I haven't read the book, I think that the 30s version of All Quiet on the Western Front is hands-down an excellent film and, next to Come and See, one of the best (if not *the* best) anti-war films.

Went in completely blind, was pleasantly surprised. Emile Hirsch is slowly, but surely, turning into Jack Black. I mean phisicaly.