MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

For what it's worth (and that ain't much), my draft grade was an A- and I am "projected" to go 13-0 and win the league. Of course that and $2.50 will get you a bus ride across town, but still.

I can only disappoint!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Got a C on my report card, but doing more with less is the story of my life .

I didnt plan on drafting Tom Brady. I didnt even plan. I have argued Manning over Brady for years and LOATHED the Patriots ever since they ran up the score on teams so unmercifully that one season. I rolled my eyes when hearing Brady & Gronk were coming to Tampa, and dont think the Buccaneers offensive line capable of giving any QB a chance.

Sitting there in Round 6 I started thinking about it, but when Wylde Wolves grabbed Drew Brees I decided on it.

Brady to Godwin does sound like a nice connector. Should it be named "Bradwin" or "Goddy"? Ugh, I feel dirty with a side of hypocrisy.

Ezekiel Elliott and Todd Gurley on the same football team has a stupid high ceiling potential, but I was burned bad by Gurley last year. BAD! Between drafting him in the first round and Drew Brees missing most the season I ended up last place.

Has anyone ever followed last place with a championship win the next year? Let me just enjoy that fantasy until week 1 comes.

Let the night air cool you off
I feel pretty good about my top three backs, even though I don't know how I feel about drafting three back to start the draft. I have Devin Singletary higher than most, so I kinda felt forced into taking him third. I didn't feel I had an option at another position to match the value. I am not high on my WR group unless CeeDee or Slayton really hit. AJ Green is a dangerous pick because he could either be rejuvenated by all the time off and the new QB or he could be over the hill. I like Metcalf, so hopefully he provides better than fourth round value for me. I really like Tyler Higbee, I think he could end up being way more valuable than where I drafted him at. Same for Rodgers and maybe even Cam. If Rodgers goes out and starts crotch-chopping the league, I'll be doing alright. I think the guy that could end being a dark horse factor for my team is Ryquell Armstead if Fournette and the Jags fall out like they always seem to be close to doing. I'm projected to go 3-10, but I think my team is better than that. It's more likely that I'll do what I've been averaging the last four seasons I played which is a game above or below .500.

The trick is not minding
Picking 8th obviously meant I was going to have to dig deep in this draft. A few notes:
1) mistakenly grabbed Chubb. When Dalvin cook Was in the board. I missed his name somehow. The person behind me grabbed him and I went “wtf?!”
2) that being said, I’m still happy with the RB’s that fell to me.
3) WR’s...not so much. They’re ok, nothing great though.
4). TE position...I waited too long to grab a decent TE and didn’t get any that I had my eye on. That’s ok, I don’t put much value at that position anyways.
5). Grabbed Brees, made Tongo draft Brady. No complaints.

I’m rated at C Which is what I had already rated myself anyways. I’ll likely hit the waivers if the WR’s don’t Produce much, but over all...it’s not terrible.

Don't worry about the grade too much, those things are notoriously goofy. I'm not sure I've ever gotten a good one. It's been interesting wanting them try to automate fantasy analysis over the years. Some of it's kind of okay but most of it's a mess.

Anyway, welcome to the league! Be forewarned 90% of the talk is each owner complaining about injuries and/or screaming about how random it is they played one guy over another.

Jacksonville just cut Leonard Fournette. Right before the season. Gonna win lots of superbowls making moves like that right before the season. Was prepared to draft him at 43, but he was gone as was Ingram who 7th snatched from me at 42. Fournette went a little early so depending on where he lands he could really turn into a stud. He had over 1100 yards last year. The guy can run. Crazy stuff. Please don't try to explain what Jacksonville is doing. They don't know what they are doing. I gotta wonder if some terrible story is about to break on Fournette. If there isn't? Wow. Great move guys.

Yeah, I was doing a couple mock drafts ahead of the draft for my other league this Thursday and I saw his status change almost live. Went to N/A.

I think the guy that could end being a dark horse factor for my team is Ryquell Armstead if Fournette and the Jags fall out like they always seem to be close to doing.
Please let Ryquell Armstead get the starting job and make me look like the biggest genius in the world.

The Jaguars are an incredibly stupidly ran team.

Off to a great start:

This is like identical to the Verlander injury news I got right after taking him with my first rounder. Though in this case I specifically moved down in the draft just beforehand.

Wheeeeee.

I have announcement to make: from now on Ryquell Armstead will be known as Nyquil Armstead because he is now the sleeper of the year and I will win the championship.

Regarding Kamara: @Yoda nice.

So if I'm getting this right Fournette has been put to waivers and is only getting paid about 4 m's this year. How does the actual NFL waiver system work? I might have to go read up on this. Can't believe he'll clear. Does Jacksonville get some kind of compensation if he's claimed? At least if that happens they'll get a little something for him. Wow. What a crazy decision.

Be forewarned 90% of the talk is each owner complaining about injuries and/or screaming about how random it is they played one guy over another.
I am pretty sure this is 100% of what you do .