What should the next Mofo Top 100 Countdown be?

Tools    

What should the next Countdown be?
31.82%
14 votes
All Time Top 100
27.27%
12 votes
2000s
15.91%
7 votes
2010s
2.27%
1 votes
Action
2.27%
1 votes
Black & White Films
2.27%
1 votes
Comedy
0%
0 votes
Fantasy
4.55%
2 votes
Foreign Lanuage
0%
0 votes
Musicals
6.82%
3 votes
Noir
4.55%
2 votes
War
2.27%
1 votes
Other
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I took it as preemptive, yeah. With a hint of "hey this really needs to get going." It would just be very, very like us as a group to reopen debate.

Anyway, couple people sent me some details about the spreadsheet. Looks like it handles a lot of the work so yeah, I'd probably be overthinking things trying to replace it. There are some benefits, in that it could be immediately tied into the movie database here, so I will still think about it a bit, but I think either way we'll be good.

Is there some kind of clear queue for people who want to be involved with this, who don't mind the tabulating (and possibly some rote work alongside it)? I can just pick someone, or we can pick names out of a hat, even, but if we're gonna do either, might as well find out who definitely wants to be considered, if some are just willing but otherwise happy to let others do it, etc.

Happy to help collate the info if needed, equally happy to let others enjoy the experience. I don't do rote work though

Was this just like a pre-emptive comment or did I miss something? I don't see anyone trying to debate anything.
Pre-emptive I guess...but actually more like just a matter of fact statement. As the poll closed a few days ago and the results are All Time won...but no one was debating or anything like that.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
50 would admittedly be tough for someone to track it all. But yeah with spreadsheet maybe not so bad. I handtracked the fifties countdown basically.

50 would admittedly be tough for someone to track it all. But yeah with spreadsheet maybe not so bad. I handtracked the fifties countdown basically.
I didn't use a spreadsheet either. But 50 would be some work alright.

I'm tempted to build something for tabulation but I guess if the spreadsheet works, that might be overkill, unless it's actually still pretty tedious? Maybe a previous curator can weigh-in. If it's working really well and isn't that much work, then I think the best fit is for the co-curator to handle the basic tabulation, primarily.
I didn't find it tedious but then again I added the lists piecemeal every time I got one during the long voting period. So there's a chance it might become so if you have to add a lot in a shorter amount of time (especially if we end up doing 50 per ballot), but I doubt it.

Well, I've given this a fair bit of time (sorry, too much, just been busy), so I'm gonna start the process later this week, I think. @TheUsualSuspect, you're my dude! I'll PM you and we'll figure some stuff out.

Now the what and the who is all sorted ..... when we gonna decide what the countdown after this one is gonna be? I've no real interest in taking part in an 'all-time' list so I could use the next few months as extra prep time if I only knew what type of movies to watch....

Now the what and the who is all sorted ..... when we gonna decide what the countdown after this one is gonna be? I've no real interest in taking part in an 'all-time' list so I could use the next few months as extra prep time if I only knew what type of movies to watch....
Judging by the votes here (and personally how I'd vote as well), it's looking to be a 2000s countdown.

Things are moving! There'll be an announcement thread in the next couple of days. It'll be pretty standard and won't seem too remarkable, but I've spent an hour or two playing with presentation ideas and I'm very excited about it. I think you guys are really gonna enjoy the enhancements I've got in mind...