MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

There's no way we could have known this, but ideally the players with COVID-related PPD would be able to be on a separate IL-style thing just for subs. Kinda nuts to have to hang onto really good players for a week solid with no games. Oh well. It was never gonna be clean.

Clev missed his start last night.

Meanwhile, I did that thing...where a pitcher gets shelled for two starts in a row, so I bench him for the next start. You can probably guess the result.

Eh, still a good call. I'd much rather be wrong that way than the other. Sh*t, Zach Gallen has been good and I'm not running him out in Colorado tonight. I'd rather watch him have a good/bad game tonight from the bench. Much less stress that way.

There's no way we could have known this, but ideally the players with COVID-related PPD would be able to be on a separate IL-style thing just for subs. Kinda nuts to have to hang onto really good players for a week solid with no games. Oh well. It was never gonna be clean.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed they scrapped the taxi thing too. I think we expected cases and I was planning on subbing in alternate guys from the pool. Instead most of the games are ppd. Which does a fantasy owner no good. Can't il him, can't really cut some of them either.

A system of cells interlinked
I think they should just shut the cardinals all the way down. At least that way we can move on.

Cards are talking about calling up prospects, so they at least think the are playing soon.

It's pretty nuts. A few PPDs can actually be good, in that you get more double-headers and can get more at-bats total since we don't have positional limits or anything. But that only goes so far, because if they get tons of double-headers, they really won't be able to have their regulars play in both ends of them as often as they otherwise might, especially if they end up doing that insane 7-inning version, in which case it's pretty huge net loss.

Just awful. I guess we're collectively "lucky" that the Cards aren't loaded with fantasy stars, it's basically just Flaherty and Goldschmidt, though I've got the latter (Fabulous has the former).

And now the cincy series is canceled. I dont get it. Whatever plan they had it seems to have morphed into an immediate shutdown if theres a case. Of course there is going to be cases. We've done a horrible job of controlling this thing so it makes no sense to shut down after there's a case. If that's really the plan now they shouldn't have started the season at all.

It'll have to get much worse for that. But if they do cancel the season, the "champion" will be whichever of the top four teams had the best night the day before, I guess.

Strange that I'm sucking big time in the one season where scrambling is a necessity. Just hoping now my boys surge for the rest of the season. One bright spot has been Yaz's grandson, hes a keeper

BAH! I can't win for trying. I pick up a pitcher due to the Kansas City game getting postponed and they threw him on the IL at the last minute. Probably gonna throw Encarnacion to waivers tomorrow too unless he does something tonight. Double bah.

Welp, Montas had his start pushed back, then got slammed, so he's definitely still hurt. That's Verlander and Montas, my two best starters, out. And Plesac, the waiver gem to help offset, still in limbo. Just gettin' murdered, and all in the one position, too, which is way harder to deal with.

Okay, enough of this nonsense. After a MASSIVE surge last weekend to assume my rightful place a top the league. I've put nothing but red since. Welp. New roids comin in today folks! You guys are so screwed! I got this stuff from a scicillian. If u know u know...