Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
This has probably been mentioned, but I finally watched Jurassic Park III for the 1st time 2 weeks ago and I thought it was Michael Fassbender, but didn't realize til after the movie it was Alessandro Nivola.

⬆️ Biggest difference between these two is that Fassbender is very tall & Nivola is not.

I already put many actors who look alike but i never realy mistaked them. But when i was young i saw many movies with Gene Wilder and many movies with Eric idle. Lately i rewached them with my kids and i realized so many time that the movie i thought with Gene Wilder was in fact with Eric Idle and the ones with Wilder i thought they was with Idle???

This was truly a mistake - caught a very young Rip Torn on a couple reruns of the Alfred Hitchcock TV series, but then in another episode I thought it was Rip Torn again, but I came to find out the actor's name was Bradford Dillman...

Rip Torn

Bradford Dillman

I later came to learn one role I recognized Dillman from was as Dr. Lewis Dixon (one of the good humans) in Escape From the Planet of the Apes (1971).

Anyone else sees this one?

Speaking of Eric Idle...

This guys name is David Threlfall

He played Killick in Master and Commander - when I first saw the movie I thought Eric Idle was in it!

Anyone else sees this one?
Sometimes it's a matter of finding the right photos to post here (or not being able to).

As to mistaking Brad Dillman for Rip Torn - in the episodes I saw (at different times); they were both thin, had the same shaped face, were around the same age, had dark hair and wore it in the same style in the particular episodes I saw them in (and were both in black and white).

If I could find photos of the precise episodes & scenes, the mistake could be easier to understand, but apparently that kind of specificity is not always available on the net.

In my opinion, Woody Harrelson and Mel Gibson are very similar. Omar Benson Miller and Forest Whitaker - similar situation

Please identify the top woman. IF she had the same hair color as Cate I might agree with you.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Brenton Thwaites (Titans' Nightwing)

Steven John Ward (House on Willow Street)

Please identify the top woman. IF she had the same hair color as Cate I might agree with you.
Carrie Coon. I thought when we briefly discussed The Nest you said you were aware of her? I don’t know if it’s about agreeing with ‘me’ as I’m still conflicted whether they do look alike. Someone floated the idea two days ago and I’m still unsure how I feel about it.

Carrie Coon. I thought when we briefly discussed The Nest you said you were aware of her? I don’t know if it’s about agreeing with ‘me’ as I’m still conflicted whether they do look alike. Someone floated the idea two days ago and I’m still unsure how I feel about it.
Heck, yes. Love her, but did not recognize her. She doesn’t have a face that leaps from the screen IMO.

We discussed “The Nest”? Gee, now I have to go take a look at this movie to see what it’s about.

I’m back: was this a movie I bailed out of? What did we discuss?