23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Oh and if I enjoy myself with this HOF... I have two films already picked out for the next two HOF that I join , if I do that is
Cool! Did you guess my nom? I'll have to check back later and find out, off to work now

@pahaK does love Terry Gillham films.. perhaps "The Fisher King" is his...
He would be my second guess after ed, especially since he said that he expects people to hate his nomination based on the reception Tideland has gotten in the Fantasy HoF. So either another film here closely resembles Tideland, or he did go with another Gilliam.

The trick is not minding
A quickie guess before I go off to work:

Christiane F - Pahak
The Fisher King - Sarge
Gangs of New York - Miss Vicky (pretty sure of this)
The Great Mouse Detective - Ahwell
Hunger - MovieGal (pretty sure of this)
JoJoRabbit - CosmicRunaway
Schindler's List - edarsenal
Late Spring - Rauldc (pretty sure of this)
The Reflecting Skin - Cricket
The Skin I live in - Neiba (pretty sure of this)
Stand By Me - Wyldesyde

Something is wrong with my list! I think I have all the movies but too many people, either that or I didn't nominate a movie I'm way too tired to figure out where I goofed up.

Nice noms everyone! Me like
Yeah, you added my name but I didn’t join this one haha.

Cool! Did you guess my nom? I'll have to check back later and find out, off to work now
I thought of a few that could be yours..

I watched Le Samouraï as a potential nomination for the Film Noir HoF. Ultimately I didn't nominate it, but I did seriously consider it. I'm not sure I need to watch it again so soon, but I probably will anyway.

Most of you here view me as a Hollywood mainstream, Extreme cinema or Nordic film watcher... but I am a large part of an Arthouse crowd... but its a side I dont show much here...

Just personal choice...

Again if I go the next two HOFs.. one will be a bit historical and the other will be complete arthouse...

I think my choice here is a mix of both.

A quickie guess before I go off to work:

Christiane F - Pahak
The Fisher King - Sarge
Gangs of New York - Miss Vicky (pretty sure of this)
The Great Mouse Detective - Ahwell
Hunger - MovieGal (pretty sure of this)
JoJoRabbit - CosmicRunaway
Schindler's List - edarsenal
Late Spring - Rauldc (pretty sure of this)
The Reflecting Skin - Cricket
The Skin I live in - Neiba (pretty sure of this)
Stand By Me - Wyldesyde

Something is wrong with my list! I think I have all the movies but too many people, either that or I didn't nominate a movie I'm way too tired to figure out where I goofed up.

Nice noms everyone! Me like
Two of these are correct and only one is one you were pretty sure of.

It's interesting to me how little people seem to pay attention to other threads. Cricket just recently watched and rated Christiane F. five stars in the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread. That one should be an obvious guess.

Christiane F. (1981)

I had been looking forward to this one for quite a while and it shattered my expectations. It's crazy how this true story ends up being one heartbreaking moment after another. It's unbelievable how realistic it is and the cast of unknowns are incredible. It's a major new favorite that will stay with me forever.

It's interesting to me how little people seem to pay attention to other threads. Cricket just recently watched and rated Christiane F. five stars in the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread. That one should be an obvious guess.
Yeah I read that thread too.. specially @cricket's choices... he's my extreme cinema buddy

just like Citizen Rules is my history buddy..

Revised (and final) guesses...

Miss Vicky - The Skin I Live In
Citizen Rules - The Great Mouse Detective
neiba - Schindler's List
rauldc14 - Late Spring
cricket - Christiane F.
ahwell - Stand By Me
edarsenal - The Fisher King
Sarge - Gangs Of New York
MovieGal - Hunger
CosmicRunaway - Jojo Rabbit
pahaK - The Reflecting Skin

My guess of guesses: 3 right lol
6 correct

I believe Le Samourai and Late Spring are on Criterion.. I may have to go pick them up at my local Vintage Stock.. as well as a few others.. or search them out cheap online..

You keep bringing up history...is this a clue that you nominated Schindler's List?
No Schindler's is not mine.. but it is a great choice.. just as Gangs of New York...

If I were someone else guessing what I picked, I'd certainly guess that for me. I think some folks forget what I've nominated in the past

@CosmicRunaway,

At the beginning I said...

I However, the content of the film I think fits my taste. It is completely me, to someone who really knows me. Its a beautiful film but a hard pill to swallow. And the director, it is his first film. It has amazing actors as well.
want to try again?

want to try again?
Reflecting Skin maybe? I only know it has vampires and Viggo Mortensen so I don't know if the subject matter matches your earlier quote or not.

I know you said you hadn't seen it before. Maybe you were tricking us haha.