MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

Will this happen? Who knows! But we'll proceed as if it is. Everything's fine. Be cool.

I've renewed the league and set a (tentative) draft date and time of August 22nd, Saturday, at 1:00 PM ET. I'm going to require explicit confirmation from each owner, though, to participate, for obvious reasons. You can reply here, PM me, or respond to the email I already sent out. We'll try to get 14 if we can, but will scale back to 12 if we can't. This will all have to happen faster than usual, and frankly, given general levels of responsiveness can vary, I might have to make more decisions unilaterally than usual. I will try to avoid them, but generally trying to build consensus has been sketchy.

When replying, please confirm your availability for the above time. Seriously, it was kinda funny at first how often people forgot this, but this year, in particular, I think it would be really inconsiderate to still be forgetting this and/or skimming the post. Your spot may or may not be considered confirmed if you don't do this.

What even is this?

The members on this site play in a fantasy football league. This will be its twelfth (!) year, and it's a pretty great league. We play with 12-14 teams, and even though there's no money on the line we have a very high retention rate. This league is almost exclusively populated by competitive, engaged owners. It probably helps that I buy the winner this trophy each year:

Can I play?

Yes! Well, maybe. As I said, we have high retention, and some years we only have a slot or two open. This is a Movie Forums league, so heavy preference is given to people who are active on the forums, and this applies even to returning owners. We also give some preference to returning owners, since that kind of continuity is cool, but we lean a little more towards the first criteria. So if you're a regular you stand a decent chance of nabbing a spot. And even if you're kinda in-between, hey, it doesn't hurt to throw your helmet in the ring, provided you can pass concussion protocol after.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking! And asking and not getting in one year will be considered the next year as a possible tiebreaker, too.

Confirmed:
Yoda
TONGO
Sedai
Powdered Water
Captain Spaulding
Piledriver
jiraffejustin
Fabulous
Adamantium18
7thson
Hey Fredrick
Wyldesyde19

A system of cells interlinked
In!

Draft date and time is fine for me, also.

Also - I am up for the video/zoom hangout for the draft, if it is happening!

Would like to play! Is it possible to have the draft like, the day before the season starts? That time should be fine too though.

Would like to play! Is it possible to have the draft like, the day before the season starts? That time should be fine too though.
Possible, but we almost always do it a week or two before. If there's a broad consensus in favor I'm open to it, though good luck getting more than a few people to respond. People are lazy AF.

COVID ain't keeping me from a 5th straight championship appearance.

The current draft date/time is fine, though I'd be in favor of pushing it back to the 29th to give people more time to join and research.

I'll be down to do the Zoom this year. Now I will work to lose alot of weight so I dont look fat for the camera.

COVID ain't keeping me from a 5th straight championship appearance.
Aw yeah. I did that the first four years, so you'd be setting a record if you manage it. Naturally I'll cheat however I have to to stop you.

Possible, but we almost always do it a week or two before. If there's a broad consensus in favor I'm open to it, though good luck getting more than a few people to respond. People are lazy AF.

Word. I just thought it might be smart with all the covid stuff. May not matter. They seem to think they have really low numbers so far. Maybe it won't be an issue.

I'd like to return too! Time is fine, I want to auto draft anyway

Unfortunately much like some of the players I will have to opt out this year. Already in 2 other leagues, turns out 3 was too much last year. Felt like I couldn't give my full attention to this one. Not fair to half ass it to the other guys/gals in the league. Maybe I will return next year, appreciate the thought!

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Well worst case scenario we have at least 8 which is enough to have a season. Plus our rosters would be ridiculous. I'm sure we'll get at least a couple more to join, but this could be a nice change of pace from a 14 team league which is brutal hard.

Count me in if there is still a spot.

Been recovering from back surgery so sorry I did not respond quicker. You would think being laid up would give me plenty of time to be online, but I am just now getting back to where I am not sleeping all the time.