MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Damn, looks like the guy I traded to Raul opted out of the rest of the season.

I think it's pretty dependent on who's been stuck with players getting PPD left and right. In some cases it's been totally brutal, just impossible to field a lineup. Anyway, to that point:

Sounds like more cardinals are positive, supposed to find out today if they'll be playing games this week. I'm becoming more and more convinced that our testing is faulty. Most of the marlins didn't just shed the virus over the weekend. You either have this thing or you don't. Obviously several players feel the same what with all the opt outs.

Sounds like more cardinals are positive, supposed to find out today if they'll be playing games this week. I'm becoming more and more convinced that our testing is faulty. Most of the marlins didn't just shed the virus over the weekend. You either have this thing or you don't. Obviously several players feel the same what with all the opt outs.
There are a couple of complications. One is apparently the actual protocol, where you need multiple negatives. It also sounds as if an inconclusive test is moderately common. So it might just be that they had a lot of inconclusives, or maybe one false positive.

Also, it has been, I think, over a week since some of the first reported cases and it's reasonable to think some of them had it a few days before then. It's also not clear if the reporting lags the test, which in turns lag the actual infection, so we could be coming up on 10-14 days for a lot of this.

Either way, they apparently require multiple negative tests to be allowed to play, or else some kind of appeal if there are issues like inconclusive tests (this apparently happened with Soto).

A system of cells interlinked
Either way, they apparently require multiple negative tests to be allowed to play, or else some kind of appeal if there are issues like inconclusive tests (this apparently happened with Soto).
This seems odd to me. I recently had some minor surgery, and the hospital was adamant about me not being allowed into the OR or the recovery unless they were sure I was COVID-free. Apparently, one test is enough for the likes of me; took the test on a Friday, and was on the table for surgery Monday at 8am.

Yeah, the Soto thing is weird. The timing was even more weird. It's not even clear how many times he's tested negative since, but he's just now getting back. This is just bizarre.

Annnnnd all the cards games are canceled this week. This is actually what I sort of anticipated happening and shows why I wanted to have several more bench spots.

So, I wonder why they scrapped the minor league plan? Weren't they planning to keep playing even if guys got infected and just sub in minor leaguers? I thought that was the main reason they shut down the minor league this year. Other than for covid I mean. I'm kind of stuck tho as I'm sure a lot of you are. Oh well, it's a short year. I'll just do what I gotta do.

Well this is a bad 48 hours. Soroka is out for the season and Osuna needs Tommy John, so he's out for this one and next ones too.

Juan Soto is still not playing. I had to cut a guy to put him on the roster. Then he isn't playing. This is pretty silly. Already have 4 other players not playing today. I cant cut a third of my lineup every day to fill my roster. Or can I?

Yeah, that's basically been my issue, PW. I've dropped a lot of players that I wouldn't have dropped during a normal season, but at this point having a spot empty for several days is a pretty huge cost.

Yeah, I saw u had to kick Suarez loose. I'm sure you weren't pleased about that. I was toying with the idea of dropping Olson a few days ago. It's just not a long enough year to let too many guys try to dig themselves out of huge holes. I saw that stud kid in Toronto is struggling too. Gonna be hard to hold onto potential when the season ends in 58 DAYS PEOPLE !

Yeah, I'm paying attention. I'll cut half of these lollygaggers if that's what it takes to get number 3 baby!

Yoda cutting Suarez gave me the gumption to drop Benintendi. Polanco, hmm, I think I'd trade him for a solid starter.

If the season goes to completion it will be interesting if the winner regards this as a special win or a less respected one. Whichever it is this will probably go down as the strangest season in the history of baseball.

Yeah, I saw u had to kick Suarez loose. I'm sure you weren't pleased about that. I was toying with the idea of dropping Olson a few days ago. It's just not a long enough year to let too many guys try to dig themselves out of huge holes. I saw that stud kid in Toronto is struggling too. Gonna be hard to hold onto potential when the season ends in 58 DAYS PEOPLE !
Yeah, exactly. And I think it's equally likely I'll regret that as it is someone else will take a flyer on him and he'll sabotage their AVG for a couple of weeks.

Originally I was planning on having a slightly quicker hook on some of this stuff, but I've basically doubled even that with the frequency of the postponements.

Ouch. Now Max Scherzer was pulled after 1 inning with some nagging injury. It just keeps coming and coming...