Alan Parker 1944-2020 RIP

Tools    

has died at age 76. Brilliant director. Loved Midnight Express & Shoot the Moon to name only 2 of his movies. R.I.P. ✝️

The trick is not minding
Acclaimed director best known for directing such diverse films such as Mississippi Burning, Fame, Bugsy Malone, Midnight Express,Angel Heart, Pink Floyd-The Wall and Evita has passed away

Oh no. Not another sad passing. 2020 really sux!

Loved The Commitments, The Wall, Mississippi Burning and so many others of his.

Rest in peace.

The trick is not minding
Or merge them.
I enjoyed his films, of what I’ve seen that is. He didn’t have a hefty filmography, surprisingly. I’ve wanted to see Shoot the Moon (Diane Keaton!) and Midnight Express for awhile now.

Another sad loss
Requiescat in pace Alan.

I'm very sad about this...one of the most versatile directors in the business...God, look at his resume...Fame, Midnight Express, The Commitments, Shoot the Moon, Evita, Pink Floyd The Wall, Mississippi Burning...it knows no rhyme or reason. His films rarely disappoint and he was one of the few directors who I would watch a movie just because he directed. Great loss...RIP

Or merge them.
I enjoyed his films, of what I’ve seen that is. He didn’t have a hefty filmography, surprisingly. I’ve wanted to see Shoot the Moon (Diane Keaton!) and Midnight Express for awhile now.
Shoot the Moon & Midnight Express are probably my 2 faves. Cannot believe you haven’t seen Midnight. Such a great movie based on a true story.

The trick is not minding
Shoot the Moon & Midnight Express are probably my 2 faves. Cannot believe you haven’t seen Midnight. Such a great movie based on a true story.
Yeah, I really need to watch those sometime. So many movies in the way haha
Sometime, someone should start a “retrospective” viewings of films from the actor/actress/director/screenwriter who has passed away

The truth is in here
Alan Parker is one of my favorite directors. His films are rarely ever the same in tone or feel (the closest is Bugsy Malone and Fame, and even those are still different kinds of musicals). Bugsy Malone is the kind of film that I never get tired of, I don't know how many times I've seen it at this point. I also love Fame, Pink Floyd: The Wall and The Life And Death Of David Gale. Parker was apparently not too pleased with The Wall, but I think he did a bang-up job. Some of his most creative and intricate work, and the kind of unique movie only he could have made. The Life Of David Gale is a masterful display of Kevin Spacey at his best, and is a very tightly plotted mystery thriller which had me hooked all the way, with the exception of that horribly disappointing and poorly thought out conclusion, which is not his fault of course since he didn't write the script. As a swan song to his career, it's still a very strong one.

I've seen most of Missisippi Burning, but don't think all of it. I should also give Angel Heart, Birdy and Midnight Express a watch.

R.I.P. Thank you for being a part of my childhood and for being such a special voice in this world. It really stinks to have to lose you