Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Usual Suspects (1995)

Not my type of movie, but the cast alone was worth seeing together and so young. I was pretty bored in some parts as the film seemed to follow a standard plot line, but the double twist ending was enough for me to bump the rating a bit (even if this kind of twist was half expected).

Wonder why The NY Times hasn’t reviewed this yet? Or did I miss it. I have put it in my Netflix Q though it looks very grim & grizzly. Stellan is in it & Harvey Keitel so that’s good.Will see if it’s not too ghastly.

Quite enjoyed this movie.
Well it is ghastly, but it's also amazing. Lazarro is a good one too, really enjoyed it. very dreamlike.

Unregistered User
Miracle in Milan (1951) -

White Boy Rick (2018) -

Crawl (2019) -

Bikram (2019) -

Mystify (2019) -

The Nightingale (2018) -

Hail Satan? (2019) -

Dracula (2020) -

Venom (2018) -

Solo (2018) -

(1977)
After viewing Shivers yesterday this was a must see again. A very similar movie but with more action and gore. Still holds up well today and not as dated as Shivers. There has been a remake of Rabid in the last few years but this version is all I need to see.

(1977)
After viewing Shivers yesterday this was a must see again. A very similar movie but with more action and gore. Still holds up well today and not as dated as Shivers. There has been a remake of Rabid in the last few years but this version is all I need to see.

Agreed, it’s great and superior to Shivers in every way.

(1977)

One of my favorite horror movie and filmed near my place

Love that film. It’s beautifully shot and is quite deep for what could easily be a forgettable exercise in morbidity.
Spot on.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
THE TENANT
(1976)

First viewing. Possibly the weirdest and most frustrating movie I ever watched, and Roman Polanski is not much of an actor. I was waiting for the thrills considering it was supposed to be one of Polanski's best psychological horrors, but they never really came. The movie is gripping though, but the payoff was just not satisfying.
Check out another similar (but much better) movie made that year, "Mr. Klein"

Eli (2019)

A boy named Eli with a rare autoimmune disorder is confined to a special experimental clinic for his treatment. He soon begins experiencing supernatural forces, turning the supposedly safe facility into a haunted prison for him and his fellow patients

Though filled with familiar horror tropes and jump scares, I was intrigued enough about what the bloody hell was going on in this movie to watch to the end and I couldn't have predicted what it was all about and quite enjoyed the over the top unpredictable ending, it had a higher production value than I thought going in and all the actors did a good job including Lili Taylor as the shifty head nurse.. better than I thought it was going to be but not bound to become a classic either

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Lorna's Silence (2008)

Respected the film but hated everyone in it (maybe not Claudy...but that is pity). Story about arranged marriage for citizenship operation in Belgium. Sad, tragic and pathetic...not one to watch on a rainy day. The performances were good and the Dardenne brothers employ their realist craft with great effect. I didn't buy the volte face of Lorna though.

Unregistered User

An Elephant Sitting Still (2018)

Had this one a while but the nearly 4 hours running time had stopped me getting to watch it. After finishing it late last night, I'll say its worth the investment. The film follows the lives of several different characters, all of which deal with their own issues, which I will warn, are pretty bleak, so it might not be an easy film to sit through for some. Its depressing pretty much from start to finish but technically sound. I immediately thought of Bela Tarr here and on reading more, he was an inspiration to the director. The cinematography is amazing and long takes are spectacular at times. Speaking of director, this was Bo Hu's debut and only ever feature film as he tragically killed himself after making this movie. Heavy all round.

Lolita (1962)

Kubrick take on of the classic Nabokov novel. Pretty faithful to the book with fine performances from James Mason, Shelley Winters and Sue Lyon. Of course, because of the movie mores at the time, the actress playing Delores had to at least appear to be of legal age of consent. Takes the controversy quota down a few notches but I understand Kubrick still got a lot of flack due to this film. Well made, well acted with great direction and it has a really poignant ending too.(what a varied career Kubrick had!).

The 23rd MoFo Hall of Fame is starting up and there's still time to join. Details & rules on the 1st post, just click SHOW next to Rules of Participation

If you ever wondered what the Hall of Fames are all about and why they're so popular, now's the time to check it out.