MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

MLB is really jerking Juan Soto around. Why are teams running their own tests along side of MLB tests? This whole thing makes no sense.

Who needs spring training? There was some outstanding baseball being played in Pitt last night.

Do you think MLB will do what they did during the '81 season and determine postseason teams by win percentage as opposed to record since it appears that the chances of every team playing the same number of games is probably going to be very slim? That is, IF they somehow manage to finish at all?

Good question. I think we'll need a lot more issues for that to be a concern, though, if only because baseball's already setup to handle a decent number of postponements each year. Obviously can't afford multiple major pauses, though...

Who needs spring training? There was some outstanding baseball being played in Pitt last night.
Braun getting thrown out was the best part.

It's already a travesty he gets to travel around and not be mercilessly booed in these fanless stadiums.

I wonder if that's the same company that made the "Go get it out of the ocean" shirts last year(?) after the Muncy/Bumgarner scuffle: https://rotowear.com/products/go-get...-ocean-t-shirt

I'm usually against baseball players throwing at each other, but given the facts here, I note that the Astros could either (i) consider being actually sorry, or (ii) retiring.

Also, I think this came up earlier re: Yahoo not showing who is/isn't starting, rotowire has a good site (and app) for starting lineups (better than ESPN/Yahoo fantasy baseball) and there's also Baseball Press (https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups) which lets you make an account and plug in your fantasy roster(s). No app for the latter, though.

Yeah, I also wonder when a pitcher throws "behind" someone, if they actually missed or if they were trying to send the message without hitting them. Both seem plausible. Also seems like the threat of hurting someone can be pretty minimal if you're aiming low and not throwing hard, even though I can't strictly condone it anyway.

It, to me, seemed like Joe Kelly both wanted to intimidate or hit the Astros AND had fastball command issues yesterday. I think he tried to hit Bregman with the 3-0 pitch, but was wild, and later went to a breaking pitch to dust off Brantley or Correa. I think Brantley cleated him at first, also, which was maybe also intentional? Jomboy posted a good recap:

Of note, he wasn't on the 2017 Dodgers, but was certainly on a Red Sox team that was victimized by the Astros' cheating.

Also, I think this came up earlier re: Yahoo not showing who is/isn't starting, rotowire has a good site (and app) for starting lineups (better than ESPN/Yahoo fantasy baseball) and there's also Baseball Press (https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups) which lets you make an account and plug in your fantasy roster(s). No app for the latter, though.
I've used rotowire, but like yours better.

Moose is back in already, yus!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not baseball related: why are mid and lower tier NFL players opting out but not the big stars. Money for the most part I presume? (And obviously some worried about health)

Kelly suspended for eight games. Longer than any of the Astros. Sure, that makes sense.
I've been stewing about this all day. I'm fine with baseball cracking down on intentional HBPs, but find it to be really aggravating that they started now to defend the Astros and not, say, (1) when Jose Urena intentionally hit Acuna last year (or the year before?) after he didn't run out this HR fast enough, or (2) the 2013 McCutchen/DBacks incident that broke one of Cutch's ribs and the pitcher got a zero (!) game suspension after the team admitted it was intentional (though this wasn't in the Manfred era). It wasn't when a young superstar got hurt for no reason by a vindictive HBP, it's only now that these scumbags are facing retribution that the league has a problem with it.

I also get that Manfred was somewhat limited to begin with for punishing the players (because the union exists) and that Manfred also granted the Astros immunity in exchange for coming clean. But I don't get why Manfred would cut them such a favorable deal to begin with? The Astros were caught. There was a ton of video evidence plus Mike Fiers was a witness. So, it doesn't make sense to me that Manfred's opening position was "help us round out the details and you're home free." Dumb.

Not baseball related: why are mid and lower tier NFL players opting out but not the big stars. Money for the most part I presume? (And obviously some worried about health)
Damn is Fantasy Football going be tricky this year. If I get the 1st pick I might have to pick Elliot...not because I think he is the 1st pick but he already had the virus lol. Knowing my luck i'll get to the Final game and have an out break of the virus on my team lol

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Damn is Fantasy Football going be tricky this year. If I get the 1st pick I might have to pick Elliot...not because I think he is the 1st pick but he already had the virus lol. Knowing my luck i'll get to the Final game and have an out break of the virus on my team lol
Have they still said if you can get it twice? Because that would be a smart idea honestly