Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It’s looking like I’m going to have to take a break from these for now, regrettably. Work started with mandatory Saturday so I’m working 6 days a week the past month and it’s been extended through August. This has made watching films more difficult lately. I’ve found in been too tired the last week especially.
I’ll finish out the fantasy, since I own most of them, and hope to join one once work has slowed some
Completely understandable. Look forward to seeing you in future ones!

I'm in for a second personal rec hall of fame, having missed the first one.
I'm already looking at your lists for a possible recommendation. Also checking your top 100 but the most important part is missing; #22 to #1.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
along with talk of another Musical, I have been incredibly impressed how truly great the personal rec HoF was and would TOTALLY join another one of those and cricket was a helluva host for it, joining in on comments on pretty much every single film -- BRAVO

I had mentioned to @Citizen Rules about a Historical film HOF. One of dramatization of real people and real events films. I know @Wyldesyde19 showed a bit of interest.

The trick is not minding
I had mentioned to @Citizen Rules about a Historical film HOF. One of dramatization of real people and real events films. I know @Wyldesyde19 showed a bit of interest.
Yep. And still interested.
I’ll have to skip the personal recc this go around however

I'd join, it sounds fun! And it's never been done either.

I remember you were talking about before, so can you tell us what would and wouldn't be a historical type film?

I'd join, it sounds fun! And it's never been done either.

I remember you were talking about before, so can you tell us what would and wouldn't be a historical type film?
The film would need to be based on a historical event and the main character(s) would definitely need to be linked to the story. In the case of the film "Schindler's List", Oskar Schindler was a real person who, in fact, saved several Jews from extermination. We only learned about him and what he did through the cinema. The film "The Fighter" was based on a real person, Richard "Dicky" Eklund Jr. and his brother, Mickey Ward, who were welterweight boxers. Dicky actually boxed against Sugar Ray Leonard. The film "12 Strong" was about the 12 Special Forces soldiers who were sent to take down the Taliban after 9/11.

It can't be a religious event or person of any type. It cant involve a fictional story based around a real person or event and it cant be a documentary. It has to be a dramatized story.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The film would need to be based on a historical event and the main character(s) would definitely need to be linked to the story. In the case of the film "Schindler's List", Oskar Schindler was a real person who, in fact, saved several Jews from extermination. We only learned about him and what he did through the cinema. The film "The Fighter" was based on a real person, Richard "Dicky" Eklund Jr. and his brother, Mickey Ward, who were welterweight boxers. Dicky actually boxed against Sugar Ray Leonard. The film "12 Strong" was about the 12 Special Forces soldiers who were sent to take down the Taliban after 9/11.

It can't be a religious event or person of any type. It cant involve a fictional story based around a real person or event and it cant be a documentary. It has to be a dramatized story.
Sounds unique enough to garner interest!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Any-chance we could get some fresh lists cause the films y'all picked for me...were shall we say redundant and underwhelming
Checked your lists, and yeah there's not much left to pick, so I see where you're coming from.

Already have a 'historical' nom in mind. Just checked the archive and it has never been nominated ever, but it is on several mofos profile top ten.

Already have a 'historical' nom in mind. Just checked the archive and it has never been nominated ever, but it is on several mofos profile top ten.
I have a few in mind but there is one I really really want to nominate!

@neiba would you be interested?