MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

My best pitcher and my best closer both get bombed on opening night. One of my guys also hits a walk off grand salami. Perfect evening for the boys I'd say.

Yahoo isnt updating lineups today. That's a bummer. The Yankees just sat Torres (again) and I cant move him cuz the game has already started. My best player is already out because of this stupid covid plan thing. I'm not happy. All its gonna take is about 2 good weeks to get a good lead I reckon. Bah... man I am just hot. 3 players out today so far and I have no way of knowing it till the game starts? C'mon Yahoo.

Yeah I was freaking about the false lineups too. Bad enough I have 2 Covids (Moose & Meadows) and an Oblique (Rendon, cry) issue on my squad. Injuries are bad enough with a regular baseball season, this is gonna be an especially random experience the next 2 months.

Welp, Verlander hurt. Absolutely huge in a shortened season. Inital report was he was out for the year but now it might just be a few weeks. Either way, awful.

The trick is not minding
Welp, Verlander hurt. Absolutely huge in a shortened season. Inital report was he was out for the year but now it might just be a few weeks. Either way, awful.
Joins a growing list of pitchers missing time already. Kershaw and Strasburg both dealings with injuries. Kershaw with back issue.....again. Strasbourg with a nerve issue with his hand I think?

I watched some of the Astros game today. They almost came back against the M's in the 9th. In particular, Springer took a slider with 2 strikes on him that cut across the zone and just missed on the outside edge.

Though I guess technically it was never proven that they had a buzzer system, I think this group of guys is permanently tainted for me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were still cheating given that were barely punished and weren't sorry about it. I think this is much worse than steroids and hope it keeps some of them out of the Hall.

There's a story breaking right now that as many as 4 regulars just tested positive on the Marlins. So we're not even gonna get a week in before baseball has to make some tough decisions.

There's a story breaking right now that as many as 4 regulars just tested positive on the Marlins. So we're not even gonna get a week in before baseball has to make some tough decisions.
I think the Reds are in a similar spot with Matt Davidson, Nick Senzel, and Mike Moustakas. I think only Davidson has tested positive, but the other two were held out today.

They've already canceled the home owner, I think. Yikes.

I mean, I guess all they can do is bring up a ton of minor leagues, get stomped, and then in two weeks a good chunk of the team comes back. But if this happens in one or two other clubhouses, even, seems very plausible they shut the whole thing down.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not perfect but couldn't the Yankees and Orioles play each other just to keep it going? Instead of 4 teams falling behind then it's only 2

I assume there's a pretty major ripple effect throughout the schedule.

Postponements happen all the time in a normal season, so unless there's a lot of them they're going to try to handle like them normal: reschedule for off-days and do a few double-headers.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I assume there's a pretty major ripple effect throughout the schedule.

Postponements happen all the time in a normal season, so unless there's a lot of them they're going to try to handle like them normal: reschedule for off-days and do a few double-headers.
I'm assuming the Marlins won't play for at least a week, probably longer.

We're at the "everybody who homered or had a multi-hit game the previous day gets picked up" portion of the season.

Players streaking for 2 months isn't uncommon, but this season being 60 games, they could be what decides who wins the league.