Hanna series adaptation

Tools    

http://deadline.com/2018/02/mireille...on-1202281110/

"Former The Killing stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman are reuniting on a new series. The duo have been cast along with up-and-comer Esme Creed-Miles (Dark River, Pond Life, Mister Lonely), in Hanna, Amazon’s straight-to-series drama based on Focus Features’ offbeat 2011 assassin pic.

David Farr, who co-wrote the feature, penned the adaptation, which will be directed by Sarah Adina Smith (Legion, Room 104, Buster’s Mal Heart). The series, which hails from NBCUniversal International Studios, is slated to begin production in March across Hungary, Slovakia, Spain and the UK.

Equal parts high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama, Hanna follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl, Hanna (Creed-Miles), as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is.

Enos plays Marissa, an efficient and ruthless agent who has risen up the ranks of the CIA. However, beneath her cool exterior is a deeply buried secret that continues to haunt her. The reappearance of Hanna and her father Erik threaten to expose the past she has worked to repress. Kinnaman plays Erik, a hardened, intuitive and uncompromising soldier and mercenary, who has raised his daughter in the remote forests of northern Poland for the past 15 years. Isolated from the world he once knew, he has trained Hanna in every method of survival, with his only goal being to keep her safe. But his teenage daughter begins to seek freedom from the restricted haven he has created.

NBCUniversal International Studios will produce alongside Working Title Television in the UK. Alfano executive produces for NBCUniversal International Studios and Andrew Woodhead for Working Title Television along with Marty Adelstein, who produced the original film, and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios. Tom Coan serves as co-executive producer for NBCUniversal International Studios, and Hugh Warren is producing. Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner also serve as executive producers for Working Title Television."

Wait so its like a TV series remake of the movie? Who is Esme Creed-Miles? Never heard of her. Shes got some big shoes to fill. Would rather see Ronan do a 5 years later full movie sequel frankly.

This might just do nobody any good.
Yeah, seems like a tv series remake. Any chance of bringing Hollander back for Isaacs?

I am a big Saoirse Ronan precisely *because* of the 2011 Hanna. Big fan of the film, and Ronan will always be Hanna and Hanna will always be Ronan to me.

I'm sure everyone is shocked but I also liked the movie so I'm really hoping this is good. I'll definitely give this one a try. Maybe I should rewatch the film before this begins, I think it's on one of my streaming services.

Amazon put the first episode out in advance and I obviously had to take a peek. So my first impressions are very positive. I liked both leads this far and it surely had the same feel as the film did. My expectations went up by a lot.

I just finished the second season. Unfortunately, it was quite a bit worse than the first. Only episodes 6 and 7 (out of 8) were even close to being good. The teen drama at the Meadows was boring, and character writing (especially Hanna) was awful at times. I'm not sure if I'm hoping for another season.

S1
+
S2
-

I've had others recommend the first season of this to me, enough to the point where I'll try to catch the first few episodes to see what I think. The premise is promising enough.

I just finished the second season. Unfortunately, it was quite a bit worse than the first. Only episodes 6 and 7 (out of 8) were even close to being good. The teen drama at the Meadows was boring, and character writing (especially Hanna) was awful at times. I'm not sure if I'm hoping for another season.

S1
+
S2
-
Too bad. I'm about halfway through the first season and liking it but also feeling its limitations. I enjoyed (but wasn't head over heels for) the film, so I'm not like "*GASP* They ruined my favorite movie!!". I think that the actors are good, but it seems to me that it has some pacing issues. It also sometimes paints itself into a corner at times and has to have character act stupid to get out of it which I don't love.