The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

Hey, I feel about the same as you after the first viewing and I thought I would wait a few days and give it a second one. Nope, 30 minutes into the film, I didn't feel any different.
Yeah, in many ways I thought it might just be a personal thing, but I don't know... this just was not for me in any way. I'm glad other people enjoy it though!

Yeah, in many ways I thought it might just be a personal thing, but I don't know... this just was not for me in any way. I'm glad other people enjoy it though!
I like the shocking and degrading films but there were several things that I just couldn't wrap my thoughts around. There were some things I enjoyed but there was a lot I could think less of or had thoughts, "What pieces of **** these characters are!!"

This is my second Terry Gilliam film, after Monty Python and the Holy Grail - one of my favorite comedies.
Coincidentally, I just rewatched Excalibur, and above all else it made me really want to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail again haha.

I've seen the majority of Gilliam's filmography. Of the 10 I've seen (and an 11th I couldn't sit through) Brazil is easily my favourite. The Holy Grail is probably second. I'm not entirely sure that a week goes by where I don't quote something from The Holy Grail, either at home or at work haha.

The trick is not minding
I think 12 Monkeys is my favorite followed by Holy Grail.
It’s been awhile, but I remember liking Brazil but not loving it. Maybe should rewatch it sometime.

I think 12 Monkeys is my favorite followed by Holy Grail.
I'd probably put 12 Monkeys at #3, but I haven't seen it in so long that I'd definitely need to rewatch it to be confident in that statement.

I think I've now added more films to my rewatch list than nominations I have left in this HoF haha.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I've always enjoyed Terry Gilliam films. One that hasn't been mentioned that I thought was quite poetic in its emotional capacity was The Fisher King. Truly need to see that one again. It's been at least two decades since I last saw it.

The Fisher King is one of the few I haven't seen. The other being Jabberwocky.

The one I bailed out of watching was The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I didn't even make it that far in. I just wasn't in the mood.

The trick is not minding
The Fisher King is one of the few I haven't seen. The other being Jabberwocky.

The one I bailed out of watching was The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I didn't even make it that far in. I just wasn't in the mood.
Definitely give Parnassus another try. It isn’t top Gilliam, but it’s decent.
Of his films o have not seen Baron Munchausen, Tideland (remedying shortly) Zero Theorem, Fisher King, Time Bandits or Don Quixote.
That’s actually too many for my tastes.

Definitely give Parnassus another try. It isn’t top Gilliam, but it’s decent.
Of his films o have not seen Baron Munchausen, Tideland (remedying shortly) Zero Theorem, Fisher King, Time Bandits or Don Quixote.
That’s actually too many for my tastes.
I only just watched The Man Who Killed Don Quixote while trying to decide on a nomination for this Hall of Fame. It's far more dramatic, but still interesting enough.

I've seen Zero Theorem twice, but still don't know how I feel about it. It's more similar to Brazil than films like Time Bandits and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen are. While I used to like those two when I was younger, I'd really need to be in the right mood to watch them now. If you want something more comedic, they're the ones to go with though.

I'd probably put 12 Monkeys at #3, but I haven't seen it in so long that I'd definitely need to rewatch it to be confident in that statement.

I think I've now added more films to my rewatch list than nominations I have left in this HoF haha.
I have seen 12 Monkeys and liked it. I have seen pieces of Gillam's other films.

Not quite sure if he's my style.

@Wyldesyde19 12 Monkeys is based off short film, that's actually released as Criterion....La Jetee.

The trick is not minding
I have seen 12 Monkeys and liked it. I have seen pieces of Gillam's other films.

Not quite sure if he's my style.

@Wyldesyde19 12 Monkeys is based off short film, that's actually released as Criterion....La Jetee.
I’ve heard of that. Haven’t been able to watch it yet, sadly. I don’t watch many short films, to be honest.

Just discovered Beauty and The Beast is available on Amazon Prime for streaming. For those who have it.
Its English dubbed. You need the original French with English subs

Just discovered Beauty and The Beast is available on Amazon Prime for streaming. For those who have it.
I don't have Amazon Prime, but I found a nice HD link for it in French with English subs.

If I can’t, it will have to suffice.
May I ask what difference it might make?
Loses meaning in translation. English subs are slightly different from English dub.

The trick is not minding
Loses meaning in translation. English subs are slightly different from English dub.
I get that, and if the option was readily available I would watch it in its native language. I usually do after all, but I may choose to watch this version in the meantime.

I get that, and if the option was readily available I would watch it in its native language. I usually do after all, but I may choose to watch this version in the meantime.
I'll PM you a HD link for it in French with English subs.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I don't have Amazon Prime, but I found a nice HD link for it in French with English subs.
If you'd be so kind, could you send it my way? THANKS!
Original Language with subtitles works great for me. Always prefer hearing the actors' inflection as opposed to the voice work of dubbing.

I could have nominated "Аленький цветочек". @Mr Minio mentioned this to me a few years ago. I watched it and it's just as enjoyable