MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

Buster Posey is opting out for the season.

I saw. He's a free agent in our league anyway, though I'd considered nabbing him.

My feeling is, if we haven't reached a tipping point yet we might not, and the season is pretty likely to go ahead in some form. But we're two weeks away so there's still time for a cascade of opt-outs, especially if a couple of big names lead the way.

Yeah, its really starting to feel like they're gonna go ahead with this thing. Nascar ratings are up 113 percent fox claims, so you know baseball wants in on that. Especially since they've doubled down and will continue to not allow livestreams of their games. Ratings will be high to say the least.

I'm in agreement. If we make it, say, a week out, and there aren't a ton of opt outs, then I expect that it will happen. But I do think there's still a possibility that the season won't happen.

That being said. Can the rosters be expanded at all? I plan to run this thing like a triple a team potentially and I feel like I need about 4 more roster spots.

I’m fine with a couple more bench spots, personally, but that’s a much bigger change. Would need to give people some time to object.
Well you posted that 7 hours ago. Seems like enough time to me.

Are we talking about extra bench spots for this year or forever? I don't care as much about this year, but am not sure about long-term. The more bench spots we have, the more important the draft becomes, and the less important in-season transactions become.

Hmmm, I'd have to think about whether I agree with the ripple effect there. I see the argument but I wonder if in practice it won't be the other way.

Anyway, yeah, just this year. I mean, I'd support one additional bench spot in perpetuity, but if we're talking a couple more or higher, just this year for sure. Between that and the additional IL slot we should be able to adjust even if the season, such as it is, ends up being really chaotic.

Do you mean team owners, rather than players? If so, I have no idea. Most haven't logged on in awhile. I haven't reconfirmed with everyone, though.

The trick is not minding
Do you mean team owners, rather than players? If so, I have no idea. Most haven't logged on in awhile. I haven't reconfirmed with everyone, though.
Yes team owners, I was wondering how many are even still around for this.

No idea. I might start pinging people next week, though to be honest a couple are always a little lax about running their teams even in a normal year, especially if they fall behind. It's not great but it's hard to find a dozen people who will stick it out in a daily lineup league all season.

If you're asking because you'd wanna play, sure, you can be first in line to take one over if someone doesn't respond to the ping and/or has to drop.

I'm a NO vote for roster expansion, either way, but don't especially care too much about only this year. So, if I'm the only one who has an issue now, then I don't think we need to poll all of us.