What should the next Mofo Top 100 Countdown be?

Tools    

What should the next Countdown be?
31.82%
14 votes
All Time Top 100
27.27%
12 votes
2000s
15.91%
7 votes
2010s
2.27%
1 votes
Action
2.27%
1 votes
Black & White Films
2.27%
1 votes
Comedy
0%
0 votes
Fantasy
4.55%
2 votes
Foreign Lanuage
0%
0 votes
Musicals
6.82%
3 votes
Noir
4.55%
2 votes
War
2.27%
1 votes
Other
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Now that the Western Countdown is over, it's time for us MoFos to get together and decide what will the next Top 100 Countdown be?...What do you guys want it to be?

And who will host it?
Not me, I've done my duty But I can say it's a lot of work and responsibility. It's rewarding, but it's not for quitters or procrastinators. Importantly we need a host who's enthused for the countdown and wants to do it.

Now that the Western Countdown is over, it's time for us MoFos to get together and decide what will the next Top 100 Countdown be?...What do you guys want it to be?

And who will host it?
Not me, I've done my duty But I can say it's a lot of work and responsibility. It's rewarding, but it's not for quitters or procrastinators. Importantly we need a host who's enthused for the countdown and wants to do it.

A MoFo Top 100 since the last one was in 2010. It's now 2020.

And who will host it?
Not me

The trick is not minding
I feel like Musicals needs a proper one done.
I know there was talk of a general, but man that one will be very consuming.
Also, Noir was put on the table recently.
Personally, Noir or Musicals would be my preferred.
As for host.....obviously someone who could handle such a task. It’s not something I think I could ever do

If not the General Top 100... I think we should do a full on action movie countdown.

Don't think we've got one do we?

My #1 choice would be a general top 100.

However, if we decide not to do that my vote would be a 2000’s countdown. I know we have a top 100 of the millennium, but I think it would be cool to do an official “decade” list, and also the millennium countdown was a while ago.

Welcome to the human race...
If not the General Top 100... I think we should do a full on action movie countdown.

Don't think we've got one do we?
Unless you want to count that one Omnizoa ran a few years back, of course (which we obviously didn't).

Aside from that, I'll echo what I wrote elsewhere. Depends on how insistent we are on doing an overall list this year to mark 10 years since the last one, of course.

I think we still have to do a proper 2000s countdown and a 2010s countdown as well. Whether we stick to the established decade-genre-decade pattern or switch it up to decade-decade-genre in order to build up to the general countdown remains to be seen.

I incline towards another general one. Yes, I like the decade gap between them, I also know people find them really interesting and have been waiting a long time for another. I'd also be open to running it myself, or perhaps with a partner or something like that.

I think we should continue discussing it here in this thread for a bit, though, and I can put up a poll after everyone's had their say/made their case.

You know, without trying to sound like an ass... I'd help out, but I don't have excel anymore
New lappy, still not kitted with all the gear.

I incline towards another general one. Yes, I like the decade gap between them, I also know people find them really interesting and have been waiting a long time for another. I'd also be open to running it myself, or perhaps with a partner or something like that.

I think we should continue discussing it here in this thread for a bit, though, and I can put up a poll after everyone's had their say/made their case.
I too like switching back and forth from genre to a year based countdown, keeps things fresh.

I have my personal preferences of what I'd like (noir, musical) BUT thinking of the community at whole, most people can participate in a year based countdown...an All Time Top 100 Movies would seem to be the most broadest based countdown, so more people could join in.

I had planned on putting a pole on this thread, once a number of ideas were put on there, ( I just didn't want to solely make the suggestions myself, that's why I didn't do it so far.)

You know, without trying to sound like an ass... I'd help out, but I don't have excel anymore
New lappy, still not kitted with all the gear.
I never used a spreadsheet for the 1930s countdown, I don't think Raul did for the 1950s either.

Another fan of the date/genre switching here so I'd vote for a date-based countdown next. Would probably skip participating in a general all-time list tbh but iirc there was a fair bit of support behind doing that next.

I don't mind helping out with the data collation into Excel side of things if needed/wanted.

Seems like the support for date/genre is very broad, I imagine the sub-conversation there is whether to do another decade or an all-timer, as Iro discussed. It's a reasonable question, for sure. And while I really like the symmetry of doing another all-time list a decade later, I admit that's just a "wouldn't it be neat" thing that's hard to put a real value on.

Anyway, standard reminder that for list stuff like this, being genuinely community-run, I'm just a user and not trying to exert any extra gravity on people's choice. Take whatever I say as a lone vote.

The trick is not minding
It’s a trap! His ban finger is itchy!
All bow before mighty Yoda!
😜😜😜
In all seriousness, I’m down for whichever is decided.

I'll participate in most any countdown and would try to host a HoF to help support it

As Iroquois mentioned:
A 2000s countdown
& 2010s countdown
hasn't been done.

This is what was done for the millennium:
Movie Forums: Top 100 of the Millennium
Hosted by: Brodinski between 01-03-12 to 06-30-12

So I could see a Top 100 movies of the 2000s
or Top 100 movies of the 2010s

Spread the word, more people who chime in the better we can narrow down the options for the poll.
Good idea, post about it on the Shoutbox...I'm not sure if the denizens of the box are allowed to leave or not so they might not all have seen this thread.

an all-time one would be fine, but i vote we do a 2010s one first so every decade will have been represented in between the two all-time lists. i like to think of it as there was the one in 2010 and then we gave a closer look to each era of cinematic history to see how our collective list will change, it wouldn’t be fair to exclude the most recent decade imo. also 10s lists are at least still somewhat relevant because a few months ago every publication was putting out their list, and it’d be cool to compare ours to everybody else’s.
criticker

an all-time one would be fine, but i vote we do a 2010s one first so every decade will have been represented in between the two all-time lists. i like to think of it as there was the one in 2010 and then we gave a closer look to each era of cinematic history to see how our collective list will change, it wouldn’t be fair to exclude the most recent decade imo. also 10s lists are at least still somewhat relevant because a few months ago every publication was putting out their list, and it’d be cool to compare ours to everybody else’s.
That’s a good idea, but part of me also wants to wait a year or two to let some of the 2018/2019 movies “settle in”, become more available, etc.

But once again, cool with anything. I just think it would be super fun to do a general top 100 every ten years to see how MoFo’s taste changes. Even if a lot of the titles between the two lists will be the same.