Do film serials count as movies, or...

Tools    

Are they more like early-cinema TV shows? They're episodic stories with varying releases, so maybe
they're more like TV shows.

I've been working on lists and charts since the whole COVID- thing (I'm mostly on Besteveralbums now) and I'm working on a top 100 chart for films. I'll add other lists like "worst movies ever." My dilemma lies in the early MST3K episodes which, begore playing the movie, feature episodes of a serial known as Radar Men from the Moon. If this is a "movie," I'll probably put it on a list, but if not, I'll ignore it.

Are they more like early-cinema TV shows? They're episodic stories with varying releases, so maybe
they're more like TV shows.

I've been working on lists and charts since the whole COVID- thing (I'm mostly on Besteveralbums now) and I'm working on a top 100 chart for films. I'll add other lists like "worst movies ever." My dilemma lies in the early MST3K episodes which, begore playing the movie, feature episodes of a serial known as Radar Men from the Moon. If this is a "movie," I'll probably put it on a list, but if not, I'll ignore it.
Are you watching the episodes in their entirety or just within the MST3K? And have you seen all of the episodes (ie seen the entire story)?

I always consider it different to watch a film and to watch the MST3K. For example, I have seen the MST3K of Manos, but I don't consider myself to have seen Manos. They often edit out portions of the film here and there to assist the flow of the episodes or by necessity edit around parts that are too violent or sexual to show on TV even with strategic cover-ups.

Are you watching the episodes in their entirety or just within the MST3K? And have you seen all of the episodes (ie seen the entire story)?

I always consider it different to watch a film and to watch the MST3K. For example, I have seen the MST3K of Manos, but I don't consider myself to have seen Manos. They often edit out portions of the film here and there to assist the flow of the episodes or by necessity edit around parts that are too violent or sexual to show on TV even with strategic cover-ups.

They do that on regular tv too.